“Almost perfect”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Toronto
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Come here for great food, great ambiance and friendly service. I wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant. Not only is it a good neighbourhood place, it's good enough to be a destination bar/restaurant.

The only weird thing about it is that the bathroom stall doors in the ladies room gape open and offer very little privacy.

• Visited April 2013

Canada
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I drive by this place all of the time and finally went there on a Friday night. This place was busy but we could still get a table. Loved the vibe and decor, looks like a Texas saloon. I think there was a $3 tequila special that night so I knew it was going to be a good time!

We asked for the menus which consisted of a hand written piece of paper- there aren't too many items but what was on their sounded unreal. We both ordered the chicken and waffles with a side of spicy coleslaw. Only downfall was that they said it takes a solid 25 mins to make (which in reality was waaaaay longer) another thing- they had run out of ribs... Whatever. We get the meal and its unreal. So different and full of flavour. The slaw was very spicy too which I love! My only suggestion- change what you serve it in- it was to small and hard to cut everything. Just put it on a plate.

Service was a little slow too but all in all I would definitely return to this place. For 2 people with 2 meals and side orders, at least 4 beers and 6 tequila shots the bill came to like $70- unbelievable! You must try this place.

1 Thank ilovedgreece
Toronto, Canada
“Authentic BBQ in downtown Toronto”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

If you're looking for a place to kick back with friends, drink some beer and have some real BBQ, Triple A is the place to be. BBQ in Toronto has been popping up more and more in the past couple of years but I have yet to see something as true to the real thing as Triple A. The menu is small, changing the specials depending on what the owners' have on the smoker, but everything I've had has been delicious. The ribs have a dry rub instead of the sickening sweet BBQ sauce so often seen. How they keep them so moist and falling off the bone is beyond me. Their chili is all meat and has a definite kick and when is the last time you saw chicken and waffles on the menu? Portions are big, sides are simple (potato salad, coleslaw, cream corn, baked beans) and service friendly. Kudos to the owners for bringing something new to the city.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank TallChic
Toronto, Canada
“Great service, Great food!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had a great night out at AAA! Brisket and Ribs were amazing... wait staff and bartenders were friendly, knowledgable and fast. Top notch service!! Terrific value for money. We will be back again for sure.

• Visited December 2012
St. Catharines, Canada
“Amazing brisket, great ambience, what a fantastic new restaurant”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a large group of around 20 people looking for drinks and food this past Friday before heading to the ACC for a Dave Matthews Band show. Familiar with the previous incarnation "Laide" I was looking forward to seeing the new concept that owners Racquel Youtzy and Tiz Pivetta had opened as I haven't been to this corner in several months, Toronto is a little bit of a drive these days.

Wow, the bar has really opened up and feels much bigger than before, the decor is very ranch-like and feels like you just walked into a Texas saloon. Great selection of tequilas, very nice and bright unlike Laide, and a decent selection of draught beers as well. I was informed that Mill Street Organic is coming on tap soon, in the interim I had a few draughts of Creemore Springs who are certified Non-GMO by Greenpeace Canada.

Our group pretty much all ordered food. The menu is short and to the point and concentrates on Texas-style barbecue, offering Brisket, Pulled Pork Sarneys, Chicken and Waffles, Ribs when available and Texas-style Chili which has no beans and no vegetables, just a meat fest. On special this evening was Sea Bass & Chips. I got to try a little bit of everything. The brisket is served traditionally on wax paper with a couple pieces of white bread. Sauce is served on the side, but you won't need any. The rub is absolutely delicious and the meat was super tender. The chicken & waffles was also good, but to be honest I'd rather have had the brisket all to myself!! We had a side of spicy slaw as well which was very good and was red cabbage-based. Friends had the chili and the fish & chips so I got to try a little bit of both of those, I was very impressed with the chili and would even consider splitting one as an appetizer with someone else, but the fish and chips was mind-blowingly good. I don't think I've ever had sea bass served as a fish and chips, the batter was light and delicious and held its consistency without breaking up everywhere, the fish was moist and tender, couldn't fault any part of the meal to be honest.

I tried the Hornitos tequila as well, very tasty. You could either have a shot or enjoy sipping on it, it's so good.

The meat for Triple A is smoked off site by the owners at their commercial kitchen, purchased from St. Lawrence market. As someone who eats bbq a lot I can say quite safely that this was the best brisket I've had this side of the Dinosaur BBQ down in Rochester, NY. If you've been there, you'll know that's a serious endorsement. I think you'll agree with me once you've tried it.

Congrats to the Triple A Bar team on this successful re-invention of 138 Adelaide St. East, I hope my taste buds will be thrilled again soon.

• Visited December 2012