“Amazing hotel!”

Ranked #9 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Amazing hotel!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Ritz, Trump and Mandarin Oriental and this hotel definitely surpasses all of them. You will not be disappointed. The spa was equally impressive. It is worth every penny to stay in this truly luxurious 5 star hotel. Can't wait to go back!! Having the famous Momofuku restaurants in this hotel was terrific and we never left our hotel for our entire stay. Breakfast at Bosk was yummy!

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard room with two queen beds and it was spacious and just beautiful!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear MMlee2013

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you had a great overall stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. It is always our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent service and we are pleased to hear that you also enjoyed our amenities and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto soon.

Richard Cooke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Recently spend a night with my husband to celebrate my birthday as we didn't want to drive back home after a night on the town. Not impressed at all. Cold, impersonal, no proper service, no one to greet you and show you around, concierge nowhere in sight, no view, no personal touch, rooms on lower floors very noisy with street traffic, shower stall quite small. We were actually quite disappointed. FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY CHARGE PER NIGHT YOU CAN DO MUCH BETTER ELSEWHERE, such as the Trump or the Ritz Carlton.
I will certainly not recommend this hotel for celebrating a special occasion, maybe if you are in town on business but even then I would choose something else.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank venividimore
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear venividimore,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you had less than favorable experience with us. I will make sure to share your comments with our management team. We truly believe in providing excellent service, and I really hope to invite you back in the near future so we can show you our unique Asian hospitality.

Vancouver, BC
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Shangri-La Toronto is one of nicer hotels in Toronto - comparative hotels would be the Four Seasons, Ritz, and Trump. Shangri-La has great restaurants, including Momofuko. The design of the hotel is asian inspired, this isn't my personal taste but that doesn't make it nice, just not my style. There is no doubt it's a 5 star hotel but there are other options at this price range. Overall, the service was VERY good, the location is great (queen st is close, air canada centre is close, etc).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear mfsupra,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and the restaurants at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. We strive to deliver genuine hospitality from the heart and we are so please to hear our staff was able to provide you great overall service. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The shangri la hotel is pure happiness. From the moment you check in to the moment you walk out the door you can't ask for a better experience. As someone who hates to be away from home traveling on business, I can honestly say, staying at the shangri la has made my trips extremely pleasurable and stress free. It is a beautiful hotel with first class service. Everyone is so thoughtful and more importantly willing to assist. Down to the sent they use to provide the ambiance, this hotel has not missed a thing.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Nycishome4me,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you had a pleasurable and stress-free stay during your business trip at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. We strive to provide impeccable service from the moment our guests steps into our hotel and we are pleased to hear our staff was able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Minneapolis
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I just stayed one brief evening, but it was perfect. The very personal check-in service was the best I have ever had. The room was large and beautiful. Great extra features like electronically controlled drapes and shears over the floor to ceiling windows. The bathroom was luxurious and huge, with a double vanity, large whirlpool tub, separate shower. Everything was perfectly clean and maintained. Definitely a five-star experience. I did not have a chance to check out the workout facilities or restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear HappyinMineapolis,

Thank you so much for your review. We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto, in particular, our guestroom and check-in service. We strive to deliver excellent service to each and everyone one of our guests and we are so happy to know that you had a ‘five-star experience’. We hope to welcome you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto again so you can check out our Health Club and signature restaurant, Bosk.

Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for my birthday. Check-in was not as smooth as I had hoped. I think I rather book the trump hotel for my next stay in downtown Toronto. Not impressed! The stay was definitely not worth it!

Room Tip: For those of you that are sensitive to perfume this hotel may not be for you. They over do it with t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Nat K
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Nat K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sincerely sorry to hear that you had a less than favorable experience with us. I will make sure to share your comment regarding Check-In with our management team so we can prevent this in near the future. We hope to invite you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto to experience our unique Asian-hospitality.

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I kept meaning to write a review when I had time. My husband and I stayed at the hotel during the Film Festival this year. We've stayed at the Ritz the past few years but decided to try this hotel for once. My stay was good but I expected so much more. The amenities in the room are some of the best I've ever had. I don't have a bad thing to say about the room. It was some of the service outside of the room. First the positives. The concierge was excellent. I saw them every morning for something different and they were able to help me each time. My husband was away during the days so I had a lot of free time on my hand. The spa was great but I felt it was a little lacking. My biggest issue was with how Security handled regular guests during the festival. My husband and I kept running into a younger Indian girl security guard who gave us attitude every time we had interactions with her. It was at a point where we were going to report her if we had another encounter. I understand the hotel was filled with celebs. But they shouldn't forget about their "regular" guests. For a high class hotel, we found their customer service lacking. Our last issue was with the hotel bar. We felt they could have had more servers on as there was a bit of a delay being served. Probably could have used a couple more. We would probably stay at this hotel again when it is not so busy. Hopefully the service issues were because of the festival and not year round.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Stacy B
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Stacy B,

Thank you for your review. I sincerely apologize about your experience with our hotel security and will make sure to share your comment with our team to ensure this will not happen again in the near future. On the other hand, we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities we had to offer in your guest room and that the concierge team was very helpful to you. We hope to welcome you back very soon so you can continue to experience our great unique Asian hospitality from the heart.