“great place for a night out”

Shangri-La Hotel Toronto
Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have never stayed over night at this hotel, but my husband and I have met our friends here Saturday nights for drinks/teas and appetizers in the lobby area. We really enjoy the live bands, and the coziness of the space.
We've also eaten at BOSK. The portions are a little small, but very delicious. The wait staff were very helpful and gave great suggestions. I would recommend this hotel to a mature crowd- 30's and up, as the drinks are pricey, but worth every sip.
Its a great alternative, if you want to lounge on Saturday night with friends, and enjoy the live music (usually sing top 40).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear DT,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed spending time in our Lobby Lounge and your experience at our signature restaurant, Bosk. We look forward to welcoming you, your partner and friends to enjoy more cocktails and live entertainment at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto very soon.

Richard Cooke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the Shangri-la hotel while in Toronto two weekends ago with my sister, her boyfriend Nd my brother. My brother had gotten into an accident back in June and we were accommodated as needed. The rooms were not like regular rooms and the space in them were accessive enough for a wheelchair. The staff really go above and beyond to make you feel like you belong and comfortable.
We enjoyed some after baseball game drinks in the lobby lounge and shared some a fry for a snack. Sheena Brady the manager was magnificent and friendly. She always made sure we had what we needed and did so with a smile. Prices are reasonable and are affordable.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for great rooms, amazing location and very friendly and outgoing staff members who do everything in their power to make sure you enjoy your stay in their serene hotel!
Thank you Shangri-La Toronto for being so amazing.

• Stayed: August 2013
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear KeshiaLeroux,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you, your family and friends had a wonderful overall stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. We strive to delight our guests by providing genuine and engaging experiences from the heart, and we are so glad to see that our staff members were able make you, your family, and friends feel welcomed. I will also make sure to pass your kind words of praise to our Lobby Lounge manager, Sheena Brady. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

First rate all the way. The rooms are gorgeous with every amenity. We loved the lobby bar. You should expect it to be hopping till late. It seems to attract a large number of locals from the financial district. We met some interesting people. The hotel is close to many things. They really have service down pat although it seemed that they had defined roles for women employees and perhaps even an appearance requirement of some sort. They do have customer service imbedded in their employees.

Stayed: June 2013
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear lton,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. We are so glad to hear that you had a great overall experience during your stay and that you enjoyed your time in our Lobby Lounge. We have live music every evening so we hope we will be seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the best hotel that I have ever stayed at from the high quality and cleanliness of the room to the top personal service that all the staff provided. This would be the only hotel that I would use in Toronto and in other cities, but unfortunately the chain does not have any hotels in the US. It's an amazing hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robert65,

Thank you taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay here and that we would be the only hotel you would consider in Toronto! Although we do not have a Shangri-La Hotel and Resorts in the US yet, we are very present in other parts of the world, especially in Asia and Europe. We hope you have the opportunity to stay at our sister properties and we really look forward to seeing you very soon again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Once again, exceeded my expectations. Welcoming, warm, good recommends for local restaurants, excellent service and gentle friendly approach - all in the most high end way! I actually had friends meet me, the gentleman had to pull over in the parkway to wait for me, and the front door valet had a lovely engaged chat with him, providing a warm friendly experience although he was not a guest of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Maureen H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. We strive to ensure our guests have an exceptional experience at our hotel and we are so delighted to hear that our staff was able to make you feel welcomed. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Vacations are for relaxing. So being woken up at 7am by really loud garbage trucks puts a huge damper on my experience at Shangri-La Toronto. I'm pretty sure these dump trucks are Shangri-la's own trucks on the west side of the building. I live in a downtown apartment so I know what regular garbage truck noise sounds like. This noise is well above that. It's as if the dumpsters are being dropped from a height. Jarring. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. 2 out of 3 mornings this happened so it's not rare. It's a shame because otherwise, this hotel was really great. The room was beautiful and the staff was welcoming. However when I can't get a good night's sleep, that's failing a BASIC hotel requirement. I figured a luxury hotel would meet that. Never again.

Room Tip: Apparently the east side has loud traffic and i know the west side has loud garbage truck noise. Pic...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank tdaruma d

Dear Tdaruma d,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am deeply sorry to hear that you had a less than favorable experience during your stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto. I have shared your comment regarding the garbage noise with my Management team and we will have this issue looked into so it can be prevented in the near future. I really do hope you will consider coming back in the future so we can show you our great Asian-inspired hospitality.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the moment you enter you feel a sense of calming. We stayed for 3 nights Aug 29th to Sept. 1st .The rooms are beautifully decorated. You get a clean feeling about the room and the whole hotel. The bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is spacious. The pool was beautiful my kids loved it and were in it every day while my daughter relaxed in a cabana. It is in a very nice area within walking distance to the TTC and Rogers Centre. The staff is very helpful and attentive to all your needs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank simomx4
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Simomx4,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was such a great pleasure to have you and your family as our guests. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto and that you enjoyed your guest room and the Health Club. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.