“Just sensational!”

Ranked #9 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Just sensational!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed for one night only however it was a great. It truly was a 5-star experience. Andrew the concierge managed to get us last minute Leaf's tickets in a really great section. The service was excellent and the staff were genuinely friendly. I felt very welcome to explore the hotel and ask questions - which I believe is typically an over looked quality but is essential for a 5-star experience. The pool is beautiful and very relaxing. The spa looks incredible - received a very friendly tour, next time I'll have to book something. Location is perfect. To top it off Momofuku is located in the same building - perfect for a fast casual meal. In Toronto I really don't know how any other hotel could top Shangri-La. It will be the only hotel I stay at in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJ H
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It was such a great pleasure to have you and your partner as our guest. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience with us and that you also had a great time at the Leaf’s game! I will be sure to share your kind words with Andrew. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Richard Cooke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Parry Sound, Canada
Reviewed February 8, 2013

From the valet to check in to a fabulous room, this was a great experience. I was there for business meetings. The hallways are wood lined as are parts of the room and there were lots of good experiences such as an ipad for checking out hotel services and surfing the web. The ipad and TV are personalized when you turn them on. A handwritten welcome note also in the room was an excellent touch. A large screen Hi-def TV, powered curtains and sheers, espresso coffee in the morning. Did I mention the embedded tv in the bathroom mirror? Shaving and brushing your teeth while catching up on the news is very cool. Expensive but wow! Value?....We had a discounted room which was still a lot. Would I pay the regular rate? Probably not. No complaints at all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Besides the perks of the modern decor and technology in the room (automatic sheers/curtain, iPad oriented room/valet service, etc) The personal touch of this chain is simply outstanding.

Upon arrival, a hand-written note from the Manager is placed on the work desk in my room with a small welcoming gift. When I requested additional bath amenities, the room service team delivered what I need relatively quickly and even offer to place the amenities in the bathroom for me. The turn-down service is fast and efficient, any questions that I asked was responded on a professionally yet friendly manner.

You will not be disappointed with the stay here...clean, comfortable and definitely a 5 stars all around. It is expensive but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jcklau
My sincere thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest. We were delighted to provide you with a bespoke experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto in the very near future.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful ammenities, location. Hotel was super hot the whole week, in spite of turning down the heat. Elevator looked as though it needed service as it did not line up with the floor it stopped on. Revolving door kept stopping, requiring that you push it to keep going. Food served at lunch during our group meetings was pretty bad.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank parkangela
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sincerely sorry to hear that you had a less than a favorable experience with us. All the technical problems have been addressed and we have taken measures with our Food and Beverage team to ensure quality service.

I hope to welcome you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto in the near future so that you can experience our great hospitality.

Please feel free to contact me at richard.cooke@shangri-la.com if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is new and the design is fantastic. The staff are polite, helpful, and professional. A number of details were lacking and, from my perspective, this is unacceptable from a luxury brand property:

1. The television in my room was not functional the first night (corrected when I mentioned it to the front desk the next morning)
2. The in-room Nespresso machine did not work on my first night. Again, corrected the next morning.
3. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant included excellent food, but our table for four was seated at a table that could not come close to accommodating the plates, cups, etc for four people. The server was also not attentive to coffee refill needs.
4. The lobby has a fantastic lounge, but it is unfortunately handed over to an extremely loud piano player singing Elton John songs from days gone by. I could grudgingly forgive the music selection if it were possible to hold a conversation at normal volume levels, but sadly, yelling would be required to actually converse.

I attribute most of these items to the newness of the property and expect that most of them will be ironed out quite quickly.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott W
Thank you very much for having shared your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize that you experienced technical issues during your stay with us and I am deeply sorry to hear that your lobby lounge experience did not meet your expectations. We try to balance our live entertainment selection throughout the week in order to accommodate different music tastes. Please note that I have shared your review with the Operations team so that they can be addressed immediately.

I hope to welcome you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto so we may be given an opportunity to show you our truly bespoke hospitality.

Please feel free to contact me at richard.cooke@shangri-la.com should you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2013

There’s no point in repeating much of what has been said about this wonderful new property, from fellow advisors. What really does set it apart is the service: the staff really looks after you because they want to. They anticipate your needs sometimes before you do, which sets this hotel apart from its luxury competition. Some nice touches in the rooms were complementary iPads, light switches that allowed for greater control on brightness in the rooms and desk areas, powered curtains that you can control from the bedside, a beautiful Chinese tea service that awaits you in the room when you arrive… The little things and small touches that really add up. I also liked the architecture of the building and the bright sightlines and views from the rooms and common areas, to the downtown streetscape. It’s hard to find fault in a five star hotel so when you do, its minor things. In our sixteenth floor room, it took longer than usual for the hot water to reach the bath faucets for example. And in the pool, which is spectacular, our kids found the chlorine levels really high. They’ve swam in lots of hotel pools and this was the first time we can remember where their skin was really itchy afterwards and their eyes red and watery. They were in for a little while, but they’ve swam for this long in other places without the same problem. So make sure to bring your goggles if you plan to get wet and don’t linger in the water too long. However, the pool side cabana rooms with TV and towel service made up for any discomfort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank myounder
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight for the first time to celebrate a birthday weekend in Toronto. It goes with out saying that as one would expect, the rooms were lovely and nicely appointed. This however can be found at many high end hotels. What we found so special was the service attended us. We were made to feel special the moment we drove up to the front of the hotel by courteous valets who greeted us by name. The front desk was fast and again courteous. We would like to give special recognition to the concierge, Andy, who truly made the weekend memorable assisting me in planning for my wife's birthday. Cynics might argue that this is all to be expected especially at the price. I can assure you as having traveled all over the world, that there is no clear correlation with what one pays and what one gets when it comes to service. Clearly this chain places special emphasis on their service with staff like Andy and all the others on the Shangri-La Toronto team. Their attention It did not come across forced, unnatural or unctuous. Just natural as it should. Highly recommended. I will certainly be a repeat guest!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank QPSport
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to hear that you and your wife chose to celebrate your birthday weekend with us. It was truly a pleasure to have you and your wife as our guests. I will be sure to share your kind words to Andy and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto very soon.