“Good but not consistent”
Review of The Bier Markt

The Bier Markt
Ranked #3,482 of 8,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Description: We only cook from scratch, making sure every dish is expertly crafted to complement the perfect Bier. We also have more than 150 Biers from over 30 countries, calling us Bier enthusiasts is an understatement. We respect the brew, and that means great food to go along with it.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Went for dinner on a Sunday evening with a group of 14 of us. Reserved table was ready upon our arrival. We sat in two groups (adults and young adults) beside each other (relevant as you read on). As a starter we ordered the cheese fondue. Ours was rather runny and not too warm, whereas the younger adults had a nice hot, great for dipping, consistency. Several people in our party ordered the bottomless (all you can eat) mussels. Consistency was an issue once again. The Bangkok mussels were extremely spicy for some and rather insipid for others. However the pork schnitzel was phenomenally good. The beer menu is, of course extensive, and the staff are very accommodating, and we tried several types. Getting a taste (a couple of sips) is the perfect way to try different beers. Our servers were very pleasant and friendly. All in all our evening was good, but the inconsistency might hold us from going back again.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I visited April 18 and sat at the bar. Wonderful selection of beers. I chose the Island Honkers which was advertised behind the bar as $7.50 for 18 oz. The bartender chose a glass that had the name of the beer lithographed onto it - a custom glass. I have dealt with liquid measure all my professional life and I stated that the glass was not 18 oz. To prove me wrong, the bartender began to measure shots of water into the glass. But she only achieved 16 to the normal fill and 17 to brim full capacity. I then stated I would prefer a Guinness logo glass which I knew to be 18 oz. The Manager then approached me and I asked about the Canadian regulations - The Consumer Packaging and Labeling Act but she replied that bars were administered by the Liquor Licensing Board of Ontario and not subject to Federal Regulations.
Looking around, I realized that most of the beers had custom glasses and the short measure was probably common to each beer. I did not try the food so cannot comment on that aspect.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Visited the Etobicoke location on Saturday May 17.I had say that I went not expecting much since there was some problems in making a reservation.To make a story short all was forgotten upon arrivals.It was a Saturday,dinner time, we were given a beautiful huge table, I believe it was called a ,,Chef Table,, Almost private and really comfortable with a view of the whole Bar.The menu was really good.Our group contained quite a few Belgian people the rest where French ,German, Polish and Russian.We were very pleased to find an excellent selection of European beers .The food also was delicious.Our server Jenn S. was extremely friendly and knowledgeable considering it was her second week there.We were all very impressed.By the end of the evening we felt like she was our friend.I wish there is more people like that in a hospitality industry.Overall we had a very good time and we will be back.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

From a beer perspective.. Amazing!
Food and service.. Just alright.
We sat in the bar and it took awhile for the server to notice we were there. Poutine was good but was a small serving. Bacon and potato flatbread was a little bland.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a great spot if you're looking for something more upscale than a pub but still casual and relaxed. I have been twice for lunch and once for dinner in the past month. The food was outstanding and you can't beat the wide selection of beer although they were out of stock on my favourite on my most recent visit. The staff are very knowledgeable and seem genuinely pleased when you ask about the beer selections. Great dining experience.