“Cute concept, good food, great beer selection, good service”
Review of The Bier Markt

The Bier Markt
Ranked #3,155 of 9,121 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We only cook from scratch, making sure every dish is expertly crafted to complement the perfect Bier. We also have more than 150 Biers from over 30 countries, calling us Bier enthusiasts is an understatement. We respect the brew, and that means great food to go along with it.
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Timing is everything. Brunch on Saturday at 1:30 pm is nothing like some of the reviews from Saturday nights! It's quiet, family crowd mostly and relaxed. The brunch items are fun and tasty!

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The food at this location is just not worth the price. The plates at our table had small portions and the food was dry and tasteless.

Luckily the beer is great! And the aroma selection is phenomenal. The service is quite average and the music is a little loud if is going for the restaurant atmosphere. Although it's expensive, I'd go back for a beer.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We sat out on the patio, had a great server. The food was great but the servings are kinda small. I don't see this place as THAT classy. The only thing I would say is that the music was a bit loud. Everyone was friendly.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went here with a group of 5 for brunch on Mother's Day. Arrived at 1:30pm. The live music was SO loud that I could hardly hear anyone at my table. We were yelling to talk to one another. Eventually, the band took a break and we could hear each other. They started up again after a while and the volume was slightly lower but still too loud for sunday brunch.

Pros:
-The beer list is impressive and shows country of origin, alcohol percentage and calorie content (for those who want to know)
-The fries are fresh cut and tasty. They come with 3 sauces (really enjoyed the curry mustard)
-The washrooms are nice
-The waiter topped up our water glasses without having to ask

Cons:
-My mother ordered a steak salad. It arrived 10 minutes after the other meals arrived. Since, it was Mother's Day, they offered her a free dessert and apologized. (this was nice of them)
-I ordered the Brioche French toast, served with sausages and eggs. The french toast was SO salty that I could not eat it. (there are not many dishes that I won't eat) I told the waiter and he offered to bring me something else but I was not interested in anything else after that
-My brother ordered the Stone Fruit waffle. He ate it but said he wouldn't order it again. He said it wasn't very good.
-My boyfriend had the Belgian Breakfast. He also said that he would not order it again.
-The dessert my mom chose was not available (it would be nice if the waiter advised us before we made a selection).

Overall, I would not come here again for a meal. Their beer selection is phenomenal and is the only reason I would come back.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Having been to this location a few times, with our kids (in their 20's) we decided to go again after shopping at Sherway. It was truly disappointing!

Sarah our server was not engaging at all. For a Wednesday evening, the DJ had the music to a level where one had to shout to make conversation. Don't get me wrong...we're pretty hip for 50, but not great when even after asking to have the level brought down, was still too loud!

As for the food...my "sliders" sat under the "salamander" for at least five minutes and then were grabbed to douse with "greenery" and then presented with the smoked chicken flatbread which on this occassion was too cheesy and too much garlic was used. Sue has had it at least a couple of other times...

Sarah did not ascertain at any point how the food was...

In speaking with Randall (manager) after dinner, while he seemed interested in my comments, he did nothing to make us want to return.

Too bad...!