“Wow perfect all around...”

Cafe Boulud Toronto
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Boulud Toronto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 8,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Bay & Yorkville
Transit: Bloor Subway station
Description: Located in the flagship Four Seasons Hotel Toronto, Café Boulud, by Chef Daniel Boulud, serves a soulful menu deeply rooted in French tradition, set in the style of a lively French brasserie, and inspired by Chef Daniel's family's meals in Lyon. The kitchen boasts a gleaming rotisserie-the only one of its kind in downtown Toronto-with both vertical and horizontal spits allowing for simultaneous cooking of meat, poultry, fish and vegetables. The menu features the best French classics, as well as unexpected items inspired by Chef Daniel's curiosity and love for travel. The playfully retro-modern restaurant designed by Martin Brudnizki, located in the iconic Yorkville neighborhood, includes a dining counter and private dining room for up to eight guests. The dining room is warm and comfortable, defined by a wraparound bar and intimate, low-banquette seating.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I started out asking for a seat here because the bar was packed... So I then asked for a quiet corner in this restaurant which was also busy but they had a perfect corner table. Server was great! I wish I remembered his name he had suggested everything I ate and it was perfect...

I didn't want a lot to eat and I wanted a more lighter fare... He suggested I start with the beat salad which was awesome! It had this gravel looking deep red stripe through it, which was made of fermented / preserved black olives... Wow, different texture and amazing flavor! I was so hot outside I went for their lobster salad as the main course and (again) I wasn't disappointed! It had some coconut chutney and a small fried croquet of crab, everything jumped off the tongue!

A great meal all around, I will definitely be back...

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our 20th anniversary dinner was very good, but not fabulous as we had hoped. I had the carrot soup and it was tasty, but not hot, just warm. My husbands duck egg was good. I ordered the salmon and it sounded great on paper, with an asian preparation, but the piece of fish was so thin, it was overdone. It also wasn't delicious, it was just ok. The cod was great. The highlight was the decadent chocolate salted caramel lava cake. I would make a special trip back just for that!
Lovely restaurant, comfortable boots and excellent service.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ok, it was a splurge, but I couldn't have made it better myself. We both had the gala apple and butter lettuce salad to start and I had the eggs Benedict florentine, the freshest spinach, perfect, and my husband had a fluffy omelette with asparagus, and we didn't have to leave our hotel.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Excellent food and service. Attentive, but not overbearing. Sommelier chose outstanding, wallet friendly wines to pair with each course. Have eaten in Boulud's NYC a number of times, and this was even better...

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were guest for a birthday brunch. The service was wonderful. Our food choices lovely and very fresh, served on nice white dishes so the food stood out. Art work very interesting, room decor open and although busy, you didn't feel over booked.