“Excellent baked yummies... and they are all vegan + gluten-free!”
Review of Bunners bakery

Bunners bakery
Ranked #10 of 140 Bakeries in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Neighborhood: West End
“Excellent baked yummies... and they are all vegan + gluten-free!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just can't resist dropping in this place every time I go by this place... it's like a vacuum suction, and I'm not even vegan/vegetarian nor allergic to wheat! I simply love their baked goods just because they taste really really really good:)

Bunners is very versatile. They cover a wide array of baked yummies from cookies, cupcakes, buns, squares, muffins, tarts, pies... but my favourite is their loaf bread. For $7, you will get a very dense, rich, moist and flavourful loaf of bread that will satisfy your craving for sure. It keeps well in a fridge, too. I usually keep it in a fridge (no freezer) and every morning slice off a thick one and grill it to perk up the flavour, mmm... When I really want to get hold of it, I usually call ahead of time (647-352-2975) and they can hold a loaf for you until the end of the day, otherwise I'll take chances but 9 out of 10 those lovely loaves sell out by late afternoon. They are usually open until around 7-ish, so I swing by to pick up my reserved loaf on my way home. Their date squares ($3) are also hard to pass. Forget about pretentiously expensive pastries that you may come across in other cold-faced flashy downtown cake shops. Bunners always smell like a bakery and they have this feel-good atmosphere. Their Supersonic Gypsy Cookies ($2), oooohhhh, those cookies are literally to die for...

Bunners do not have any tables/seats as long as I know. It is purely and simply an excellent local bakery in the Junction neighbourhood.

If you are vegan/vegetarian or/and in need of gluten-free items, Bunners is a bliss. If not, Bunners is a revelation! Uh? No, I'm a zen-buddhist:)

• Visited October 2012