“I visit on each trip to Toronto” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #888 of 8,404 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Columbus, Georgia
“I visit on each trip to Toronto”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

I am in Toronto on business several times a year. Each time I visit the Keg. I have eaten at 5 locations of the Keg. Each is on par with the others. The atmosphere is nice. I would say it is slightly upscale.

I order the filet each time. Only once in 20+ visits has my steak not been prepared to my liking. It is sometimes slightly less done than requested but I attribute that to the chef not wanting an over cooked steak to leave the kitchen. The steak is well flavored and always juicy. The adult drinks are sometimes light on the pour.

• Visited December 2013

Florida
“Mostly Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Four of us met for dinner Saturday evening at eight. Parking is impossible, so we circled the area for ten minutes until securing a spot a couple blocks away. We found out after the fact that you can valet park for $10. Next time.

There was no wait for a table. Decor is lovely, upscale, with mood lighting and pleasant background music. While we perused the menu our drink orders were taken. The dinner menu is quite extensive, including appetizers, salads and entrees, and definitely NOT inexpensive.

The only soup available is French onion at $8. Everything else on the starters menu, which is about half seafood, is $9-$13.

Salad starters are priced at about $8. Two in our party ordered the Keg Caesar, which both enjoyed.

I was intrigued by the Pecan Sirloin entree. It's an 8-ounce piece of very tender meat, basted in a dijon mustard sauce and then dipped in chopped pecans and topped with goat cheese. Included is a red wine dipping sauce for $25, and you get one side.

The steak was just amazingly good. I've never tasted anything quite like it. Cooked to perfection, almost no fat, and the combination of flavors was superb ... I hated to see it come to an end.

My side choice was grilled asparagus and fresh green beans with red peppers, but you could also order rice or mashed potatoes, French fries, etc.

Another in our party ordered the Teriyaki chicken - also excellent. The prime rib was perfect.

Unfortunately we had an issue with one person's rib steak being substantially undercooked, not at all as she ordered. She ate around the sides and decided to bring the rest home to reheat later.

Our server noticed that she hadn't finished and asked if there was a problem. She showed him that the steak wasn't cooked medium as requested, but was quite red in the middle. The manager came to our table and apologized for the problem, offering complimentary desserts to all four of us.

So we each ended the meal with a dessert (or dessert drink) and very much appreciated the $20 worth of gratis treats.

My one complaint was the lack of bread. Only one small piece (I think it was sourdough) was brought out for four people to share, and only one tiny container of butter. We were never asked if we'd like more bread or butter.

Service could have been a little better. We didn't see our server often enough, and we had to flag him down to get refills on coffee. But other than the lack of bread and the undercooked steak, everything was very good.

The tab for four entrees, two starter salads, two coffees, and one shot of tequila was $149, including tax. On the pricey side, all things considered, but this a nice venue for a special occasion.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank FancyFree55
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful food, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I were just at this location and we couldn't stop gushing about what a wonderful evening we were having. No wait to be seated. This is a huge plus for me, because I hate waiting to get a table. We got the best server ever in my opinion. He is knowledgable on the wines and every time we get him, he selects a wonderful wine, that we even purchase from the lcbo after. The bathrooms were clean. The restaurant is clean and very classy. The food was amazing. I forced myself to finish it because it was that good!! The staff are always so pleasant and professional. We agreed we'd rather pay more money and go out less, if it means going to the keg and having top notch service and food, rather then paying less and going to a place with tiny portions and lousy service. I am so tired of going to restaurants that overcharge, under deliver and have horrible servers. We will be returning. Thanks for the great night!!

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Gluten Free”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We went for a birthday celebration. One of our party needed Gluten Free as they are Celiac. They had a gluten free menu with lots of choices. Chose a GF Filet and Twice baked potato. We were very impressed with the knowledge of the staff, handling of the food and the excellent food quality. The rest of the people in the party remarked their meals were excellent. When the Server brought a free dessert to the birthday person, the Server brought a GF dessert so that all could taste - a very thoughtful gesture. The table service was excellent. Overall, this was an outstanding Gluten Free experience.

• Visited April 2014
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“This Place Runs Thin on Available Menu Items”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Great ambiance and excellent service but when it came to the food it seemed like they hadn't received the food delivery for the day. For our group of six, two people had to change their orders due to unavailable menu items, in my case it was a baked potato. Seriously, your out of one of the main sides for a steak dinner, your The Keg and steak is your main item. The manager did come over a apologize but didn't offer the table anything, how about a cheap bottle of wine for the table, something for a party of six with a bill of over $500.

• Visited February 2014