“Didn't you get my email?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sherbourne House Toronto
Ranked #61 of 101 Specialty Lodging in Toronto
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Didn't you get my email?”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

That was what the person said when I showed up for my room at the hostel. Apparently it is no longer a hostel but a long term rental. He stated he had cancelled my reservation a week before and sent me an email. I didn't get an email and such short notice would not have helped since the Toronto International Film Festival was going on that weekend. The only reason I did not give this place one star is that my friend who picked me up convinced him to give me the last vacant room. Talk about stress! I have stayed here before and would have given it a better rating then. Cheap, close to the subway and downtown, quiet and clean. Since they weren't expecting me the furniture was a bit dusty but by then I was so relieved to have a place to lay my head I really didn't care. The down side was that there was no bathroom in the room or even on the floor. So at 3 AM when I needed to use the toilet I was either wandering upstairs looking for the 1st bathroom in my pajamas or down in the basement looking for the 2nd bathroom. For some reason I could not make an international card even with my calling card from there. I would walk 2 blocks to the subway station and use the pay phone.

Room Tip: Since this is no longer a hostel I suppose it doesn't matter but the best room I stayed in was o...