“Imaginative menu” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Momofuku Shoto

Momofuku Shoto
Reserve with OpenTable
Momofuku Shoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #481 of 8,405 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Shōtō is located on the third floor of Momofuku Toronto in the heart of downtown Toronto. The three-story building is also home to Noodle Bar, Nikai, Daishō and Christina Tosi's Milk Bar. At Shōtō, guests are seated along a kitchen counter where they are served a seasonally inspired tasting menu by the chefs. Dinner is comprised of 8 - 10 courses and served Tuesday - Saturday. Reservations and walk-ins are welcome.
“Imaginative menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The menu is not extensive but it has good variety in flavours. Seating is crowded and you won't feel like hanging around for drinks when you finish your noodles. The food is ok but I was expecting something outstanding based on the location and media. It's a bit pricey for the quality of the food and the lack of comfort of the room. Service is good but there is a sense of being rushed, although it wasn't very busy.

Visited March 2014

Wayzata, Minnesota, United States
“Interesting Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was difficult to get in, even at 1:30, for lunch. Very modern decor. The menu changes daily and is somewhat limited. We ordered pork buns and they were incredible! Tried the friend chicken but I wasn't overly thrilled with them. Some of the foods are quite spicy. We enjoyed great service and a nice bottle of rose.

Visited March 2014
Toronto
“SHOTO Top Floor of Momofuku...wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Twenty two seats, sitting on comfy high stools around a granite counter with four worldly chefs whizzing mastery at you. Price is astronomic. Wines are sizzling in price, but exceptionally well chosen. BUT, you can bring your own wines for a modest corkage fee. The 10 course plus 5 amuse bouche goes by so fast that 2.5 hours later you are saying, my goodness where did the time go? It is a once (ok, maybe twice) in a lifetime experience in the art of cooking AND tasting. Combinations so unorthodox that you wonder how they thought of it. But the taste sensations are beyond belief. We are still trying to decide which dish was our favorite. No losers. Make the booking, mortgage the old chevy, and be prepared to be transformed.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, Canada
“Slightly overpriced but delicious nonetheless.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was my first visit to Momofuku and I don't think it will be my last. I was hesitant based on the reivews, but decided to take the plunge and form my own judgements. Yes, the noodle bar is crowded and the communal tables are a novelty that not all will appreciate. We took the opportunity to chat to our table-mates and compare dishes, so I enjoyed the experience. Personally, I didn't find the stools uncomfortable and we were there for about 60 mins.

I split an order of the brussel sprouts, which were delicious, albeit a tad underseasoned. I also had their signature pork belly ramen and I'm not sure if other people had a bad batch, but I didn't find it too salty at all. The pork was tender, the fat was a delicious indulgence and I didn't find the noodles sticky at all.

The ramen portion was huge and I didn't finish the entire dish. I did find it to be a bit overpriced and would have preferred a smaller portion at a lower price. Our server was attentive and I can see myself going back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Fabulous Restaurant with excellent service and atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about my meal and visit. Really helpful waiting staff too

• Visited February 2014