“A luxurious affordable voyage to a different world without having to leave the city!!!”

Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie
Ranked #7 of 111 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: An exotic oasis tucked away in the luxurious surroundings of the Shangri-la hotel in Toronto. Experience a voyage inspired from the ancient rituals of the Middle East to the vineyards of Bordeaux. Old world traditions, introduced into the new world. This will be your Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris journey.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Once again Toronto's Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie allowed me to experience "a luxurious relaxing voyage into a different world", right in the heart of Downtown Toronto! This time I took my friend on her birthday to experience the journey; needless to mention how amazed she was by the fantastic experience, now she's addicted!!! Starting with the warm welcoming of the Receptionists and the exceptional friendliness and courtesy of the Spa Attendants, escorting us to our respective rooms and making us feel at home and always alert for any assistance required. The Service Providers are very professional and well trained with a superior knowledge of what needs to be done along with the management who always have a keen eye to details making sure the guest experience is just exceptional. Treatments are provided only with high quality products and as if the experience itself wasn't enough of a treat, there is always room for more royal pampering at the Lounge while enjoying a delicious tea with baklavas and grapes. The cleanliness and organization of the place is superb from the showers to the lounge and service rooms and if you are feeling like going for a swim, the pool area will make you feel like you're somewhere else on a great vacation relaxing on a very comfortable cabana. I have travelled quite a lot and visited many other Spas in Canada, US and many other places and well knows hotels around the world, but my experiences at Toronto's Miraj Hammam Spa are always exceptional and unforgettable; I totally recommend it. A MUST DO while in the city!!!

Visited April 2014

Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A perfect place to pumper yourself!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Thank you very much Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris for that 'wow' experience that I had! This is the place where you can have the best service starting with the spa concierge assisting you with booking your appointments, spa attendants escorting you to the change room, the estheticians and massage therapists who take excellent care of you. I had their signature treatment Hammam and Commage which I loved, a facial and a massage. Each of the service providers was very professional and friendly, they treated me in a special way. The Miraj Hammam Spa also has their lounge where I spent some time after the treatments and enjoyed a cup of tea with baklava and grapes. Spectacular facility, well done!
P.S. Make sure you go to the health club which is just down a corridor to have a workout or swim in the pool because you don't want to miss it!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Gulnara_123
“Best Spa in Toronto”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I took my mother here for Mother's day last year, and we have been coming regularly ever since. We are addicted! The facilities are beautiful, serene and always very clean. The staff go above and beyond our expectations every visit. The treatments are always performed with amazing products, and a high level of quality, service and care.

We have had massages, facials, pedicures, manicures, and the hammam and gommage. Never once have we been disappointed.

Having been to a lot of the spas in Toronto (Four Seasons, Stillwater, Spa at the Hazelton, Hammam Spa, Elmwood Spa), none of them come close in comparison. We particularly love the relaxation lounge where a delicious hot tea and baklava is served.

The director, Daryll is alway very accommodating and ensures that we are well cared for every visit. Tina and Alex both do the most amazing facials, and Janessa has a very special touch at the hammam and gommage.

We leave there feeling amazing and always look forward to our next visit!

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best Spa in the City”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

From entry to exit, service to service, locker room to lounge, this place is divine. The tea they serve with the grapes and baklava is delicious, this place will truly make you feel like a queen! The lounge is so peaceful and I could relax here all day long. The hammam is amazing, after the exfoliation part your skin will feel like butter. This is a fantastic spa and everyone should get to experience it at least once. I cannot wait to go back!

Visited February 2014
Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not what I expected...”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have been to numerous spas around the world. So I had certain expectations for this spa.

I booked a 60 min deep tissue without Hammam. While the massage itself was nice. I like to do a steam or sauna prior to my massage. The set up of this spa however interferes with being able to do so in the comfort of the spa without paying for it in addition to your massage.

If you do not book the Hammam (private high intensity steam room) with your massage, your only option for a steam, jacuzzi or sauna, is the hotel's gym. Huge inconvenience, as another reviewer mentioned. Especially when you have to leave the spa to go check in at the gym. Not to mention having to walk through the gym facility in your robe while hotel guests are on treadmills and other machinery in order to get to sauna, pool and steam room is awkward and uncomfortable.
The sauna and jaccuzi is located beside the "family" pool. I say "family pool" because there were families with children screaming and playing in the pool, which you could hear in the sauna as you try to unwind. I come to the spa to relax, this is certainly not my idea of relaxation. The steam room is located in the ladies change room in the gym, which I enjoyed, however details matter to me and being a "gym" sauna there is no eucalyptus aroma or any other steam aroma therapy which is always a nice touch at other spas.

After my massage I was able to relax in the lounge where they serve you sweet tea, baklava and grapes. The decor was lovely and had a nice Moroccan feel.

All in all, in my opinion, if you do not book a Hammam session in addition to your massage, you will be sent to the hotel gym to use their facilities where you will have a less than relaxing experience.
Overall my experience wasn't memorable. Therefore I cannot say I'll be back.

Visited February 2014