“Almost perfection with few amenities issue”

Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie
Ranked #7 of 111 Spas & Wellness in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: An exotic oasis tucked away in the luxurious surroundings of the Shangri-la hotel in Toronto. Experience a voyage inspired from the ancient rituals of the Middle East to the vineyards of Bordeaux. Old world traditions, introduced into the new world. This will be your Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris journey.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Almost perfection with few amenities issue”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Let's start with the positives or rather, the big positives. Service at Miraj Hammam Spa is impeccable. The individual attention / facility tour was provided attentively throughout. The spa staff member waited right outside the change room to ensure that I'd be where I need to be. The spa staff was at the highest level of courtesy and I would rate it at 10/10.

The massage quality was very good as well. I booked the 90 minutes hot stone massage and the pressure / technique employed was excellent. Throughout the massage, I experienced few techniques that I have not seen / encountered before and kudos for that. The therapist was very attentive and asked me if I am comfortable with pressure / how I feel at all times. 9/10.

Now - this is where the imperfections are with Miraj Hamma Spa.

Facilities / Amenities: The spa is separated from the pool / steam room / sauna - in a sense, I had to literally walk across Spa lobby (Which is fine), infront of elevator (okay...), and finally sign on fitness centre visitors sheet (what?), walk across fitness centre (... not acceptable) to get into male changeroom before finally getting on to the steam room. This is an absolute inconvenience that I would not expect to encounter at Miraj Hammam Spa to do as simple thing as getting to the steam room. Of course, an option to use the Hammam steam room is available at $25 for 15 minutes which I found to be over the top.

Lounge: The lounge at Miraj Hammam Spa is somewhat lacking with only water and magazines. Unlike in Ritz Carlton Spa, no tea / light snack is provided. The room is dimly lit and quiet small.

Overall, for the amount of money you will be spending at the facility, you would expect perfection and nothing less. Although the service was excellent and near perfect, I still could not get over the fact that the spa in this class does not have direct access to steam room and only to paid by use steam room.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank ethelstan

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Middle East Hammam Meets Bordeaux”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Being a frequent traveller around the world, visiting spas have become a part of my lifestyle. From Thailand to Istanbul, I am so proud to finally say that we have a world class spa in our own city. The Miraj Hammam spa is an impeccible, outstanding place. It provides a safe haven to relax, think about life while having the opporturnity to be pampered by the very best staff in TO. Each time I have visited this gem of a spa, I am transported back to the middle east where some of the best Hammams are in the world. The product Caudalie is top of the line and I have been a loyal follower of this line for a few years noticing great results.

The ambiane is gorgeous, just the right touches in all the right spots. One is immediately transported to HEAVEN. The Hammam/Gommage and clay body masque and Vinoperfect Facial treatment by Olga and hot stone massage by Ali are out of this world. If one is looking for a unique spa, one must try this spa out...you will be missing a "MUST DO" in TO.

Finally I would like to thank Daryll Naidu and his management/service team for being able to anticipate my every need and concerns. Constructive feedback was provided and was immediately looked after. This is my second home when away from home in TO. Thank you for finally giving TO something to be proud about!

Visited November 2013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Indulge”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

A gorgeous place to rest your weary feet, catch up with the girls or cuddle up to your love. The decor is dark and warm and soothing. There are staff at every turn to make sure you have everything you need.

Try the hammam and gommage for sure! Swedish massages on their linens from heaven are relaxing!

Oakville, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A Taste of Morocco”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing day this is the place.
The staff was very friendly and accommodating . The only thing I found disappointing was the Gommage treatment. I have experienced a traditional Hammam and gommage in Morocco and rally thought this would be the same. It was almost as good but lacked the applying of the Argan oil after the treatment. I was let down, as this is the finishing touch to having your skin feel like silk. I am not sure I would return for the same treatment but liked the staff and atmosphere to return to try another treatment.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Greengirl51
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a way to start the next phase of my life”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

On a recent visit to the Shangri-La Hotel for my birthday, I decided I wanted to start my 40's in a more laid-back and healthy manner, read - not the drunken way I brought in my 30's. I started by booking a 90 minute massage on day 1, this was excellent, the masseuse was lovely, and pleasant, and the spa atmosphere warm and relaxing (as all should be). On Day 2 I went all out, with a Hammam + Gommage (Turkish bath detox), followed by another massage. For the Hammam+, Olga was amazing, explained everything in detail, and made sure I did not slip on the marble, the steam is hot in the first room (drinking water is available), but be patient and relax, you will be fine and at the end of 15mins you will be wanting more, (please check with a doctor if you have issues), this was followed by a body scrub(back and front: legs, arms, neck, chest, and back) with special soap, the attendant will then spray you down, washing away your dead skin, dirt, and bacteria, I felt like I a new born, this is an experience I will be returning to several times a year. For the modest-shy, disposable underwear is available, no excuses, you will feel re-born!

Visited August 2013