“What a find!”

Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ate there at 6:30pm on a Saturday night. We were the first ones there that night, and at first my wife wasn't sure about the place being it was empty and in a fairly plain room. Lucky for us, she gave it a chance as it was extremely delicious and for $25 you can't beat the price! Everything tasted so fresh, with excelent flavour. We almost came back the next day for lunch even though we were only in TO for one night and had other places we wanted to check out.
Definitely will be coming back next time we're in the city.
Thank you Trip Advisor for this find!

2  Thank Mike181736

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

An excellent service all round, the chef was very knowledgeable about the dishes and the server was extremely friendly. All three courses were excellent and it marks a change from the less healthier options available elsewhere. A definite must for any firm foodie.

1  Thank LanceJones1
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Possible the best value for meal in Canada I've ever had however it wasn't the best meal I've ever had! No critisism really although my expectations were probably set too high as TripAdvisor had rated this restaurant number 1 in Toronto at the time I booked. So I confused that with the number 1 restaurant in Toronto and was expecting to be blown away.

The food was fresh, beautifully presented and for $15 for three courses exceptionally good value for money. However this was not high, high, end quality. Both our main (Mushroom and Veal) were a little over-done. The mashed potato was very good but not exceptional.

The decor though is very low-key and the view very concrete.

But again for $15 for three courses (a sandwich with trimmings in Subway can add up to more) considering the quality of the ingredients (purple carrot from Farmer's market; fresh berries in the desert etc.) really, really exceptional value for money.

No fancy design, massive investment, simply hard-work I think got this restaurant to where it is today in terms of rating.

So would come again; but to impress a client or business parter... perhaps it is just a little too low-key. And I hadn't expected this. My own bad maybe for not doing more research.

Final note: there were only two other tables (out of about 10) occupied when we went at 1pm. So we were the only customers by 2pm. They explained it use to be no one could get a seat on Thursday and Friday so their regulars all started coming Mon-Wed. So note to regulars come Thursday and Friday again or make a reservation!

1  Thank Peter R
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have walked past this restaurant so many times but never took notice of it. As it happens, I found out about it only after reading reviews on Trip Advisor!

Soooo glad I went, taking three colleagues with me. While I was first a bit put off after being told that the menu posted online wasn't being served on this day (instead, a price fixe menu was on offer), that concern soon faded.

The food is outstanding! The presentation of each dish is amazing, making the food ALMOST too good looking to eat. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow is all I can say. Thoroughly enjoyed my meal - from the delicious foccacia toast with wickedly good garlic hummus, to my main course of chicken with vegetables (best ever!), to the smooth and delicious pistachio ice cream.

Mmmmm...just typing this makes me want to go back!

2  Thank pjwcanada
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I accidentally noticed this restaurant while checking for another. So I decided to give a try, even though I had to drive 30KM each way. The food and the presentations were excellent, comparable to any high end restaurant that I have been. Portions at lunch time were good, more than sufficient. We were told that dinner portions are larger. The price was right, more than fair.
If the restaurant had a good decoration/interior design and liquor license the restaurant could have been considered a high end restaurant..

1  Thank leons374