“Stands out in the crowd.”
Review of Ursa - CLOSED

Ursa
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: Shaw St
Transit: Take the Queen Streetcar to the Shaw stop, or Bus 63 Southbound from Ossington Station.
Bragg Creek, Canada
“Stands out in the crowd.”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Visited Ursa last week for the first time with a group of fellow-foodies and we will all be going back. Imaginative creations prepared and presented to perfection. The service is friendly, attentive and deceptively professional. I say deceptively, because all the front of house staff are casually dressed which could create the wrong impression. These folks know what they are talking about and deliver excellent service. When you read the menu you may find things that you have never heard of, and flavour combinations that might surprise you. My suggestion is just "go with the flow". The world needs more restaurants like Ursa.

• Visited December 2012

Toronto
“Don't Go Hungry”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Tiny, precious portions of food. The menu lists many ingredients, but each dish has them in microscopic size. So the food is excellent, but very expensive for what you get. If you are in the habit of sharing an app and desert to go with your main, you will leave hungry. A request for bread was met with "we don't do bread here." i.e. we want you to order more food.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank born_to_run_Canadian
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome Ambiance and Meal”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went to Ursa on Friday for a friends Birthday. We made a reservation for 930PM for 6 of us to eat dinner. The menu has a few choices and each one sounds more intriguing than the next. I started with a beet salad with chicken liver mousse, which was phenomenal - my only compaint is that I shared with someone and should have gotten my own! The elk tartare was birlliant and smooth and lovely. Each component of the dish had such distinct flavours and combined was awesome. For my meal I had the beef with potato risotto and brussel sprouts. Absolutley delicious. Many of the items were house made, including some of the components off of their awesome drink menu. We did finish with the dessert and between the 6 of us, tried all 4 dessert offerings. Was a nice surprise that each was not overly sweet which was a great finish to the meal. The lemon custard with house made mozarella was phenomenal. Would for sure go back. Was pricey, but worth event penny!

• Visited December 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“Pretty as a picture, very flavourful but lacking in quantity”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I don't have a big appitite, but we left tihs restaurant hungry after a 3 course meal. and drinks. The plates are beautifully presented and the flavours are innovative, from the beet appertizers to the partridge done 3 ways (but the waffles were a flavour detraction ) and the Lemon Curd dessert. However we left not full. We spent $300.00 for 4 of us, but we all left hungry. The portion sizes need to be increased, this is Canada and winter. The Lemon Curd was wonderful but was finished in two spoonfuls, Portions need to beincreased if we are going to consider returning. .

• Visited November 2012
Toronto
“not a good experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Went with 4 girlfriends for dinner and the service was terrible. Our waiter could not explain with any detail the majority of the dishes on the menu even though there are only 4-5 apps and mains. He didn't even bother to ask the kitchen on our behalf so we were left to only guess about some of the dishes. I won't bother with the rest of our issues with him but suffice it to say that it only went downhill from there. I have written many restaurant reviews on different sites and I have to say that this is the first time that I have encountered such pitiful service. As far as the food is concerned, we all felt that the dishes were definitely too small (beet salad, apples and walnut apps). One friend ordered the vegetarian main and basically got a plate of lettuce. Although the swordfish main was tasty, it was definitely too small as well. I am sure that we may have ordered better with more guidance from a knowledgable server but never the less, we were all less then impressed on all fronts.

Visited October 2012