“What a fabulous bowl of ramen.....I keep thinking about it!”
Review of Kinton Ramen

Kinton Ramen
Ranked #482 of 8,946 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: Kinton Ramen is a unique, yet authentic Japanese ramen experience that will give you a new perspective of noodle soup culture in town. The secrets of our savory Ramen bowl are in its soup and noodle made from top selected ingredients with special techniques.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

You have to go....best Ramen in Toronto. Line ups are painful-but worth the wait. Quite noisy but very fun.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Worth the wait, this ramen joint on Baldwin Street serves nothing but ramen. Tailor-make your bowl light, medium or strong. And pick your cut of pork. We both had the shoulder, but belly is on offer as well.

I ordered the shoyu ramen which was excellent. Complex broth, perfectly cooked pork and handmade ramen. Perfection. My more adventurous other half ordered the cheese ramen. Not for the faint of heart. The dish arrived with a mountain of grated swiss cheese. It was alarmingly delicious.

Affordable, fast and lip smackingly good. Great music, clean toilets, and well located. Only trouble is the queue. I'll be going back.

1  Thank Laurenmyers
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Kinton Ramen was my first ramen experience. We waited about half an hour to get a table, since the place is small, but I loved it!!! Kinton Ramen is not a place you go if you want to chat with your friends/partner and take your time. You go for the experience, and for the ramen, which was delicious! The staff yell at you when you come in and when you leave, and you'll likely be seated directly next to someone you don't know, but once you're handed your bowl of ramen, that doesn't matter anymore. I had the Miso Ramen. My noodles were cooked perfectly, and I loved watching the staff cook! Definitely a fun place to eat! I would certainly go back again!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The cheese on the Cheese Ramen was much smaller than the mountain of cheese shown in their promotion tweet.
The seasoned egg was a hard-boiled egg with not much seasoned flavour and was refrigerator cold in the centre
The additional topping of Kinton Pork Belly ($2.00) was not on my Shoyu Ramen. While I tried to explain this to the server my soup was getting cold. The additional topping of Pork Belly finally arrived. One side was luke warm, the other side was refrigerator cold. I tried unsuccessfully to warm it up in my bowl of Ramen.
Rating: "Unacceptable" There are now many other new Ramen restaurants in Toronto.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fun to go, fun to eat, fun to watch, fun to pay.
KINTON RAMEN is located on a not-to busy street (Baldwin), an old residential district transformed into a commercial district with small businesses, in walking distance from the Art Gallery of Ontario (AGO).
The noodle soup come in a selection of light, medium or heavy intensity broth and your choice of pork shoulder or belly, in the $10 dollar range. Different style of accompaniments / trimmings are available. I had the miso soup because I am a fan of this kind of fermented tofu. This miso look like it is homemade because it has the texture of a pulverized cube of tofu mixed into the broth. It is very tasty. Should you order pork shoulder or belly? Belly was recommended and a nice ¼ inch thick slice of pork was added to my bowl. Fun to eat because the ramen comes with chopstick and a large spoon that look like a small shovel.
I also had their spicy fried chicken as an entrée. Tasty brown meat without bones. The waitress tells me nicely that I may have ordered too much. I tell her not to worry, when I finished it all she said: you did not have to eat it all, we supply boxes to bring leftovers. Service is casual and friendly.
Best of all is the atmosphere. Best seats are in a row located in front of the opened kitchen where three chefs prepares the meal: every single action in the kitchen is shouted by the executioner and the order is shouted back by the choral of the 2 other chefs. They are fun to watch.