“Great 2 hour relaxing kayak expedition in the Humber River”
Review of Toronto Adventures

Toronto Adventures
Ranked #80 of 148 Tours in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Toronto Adventures mission is to bring outdoor recreation to your doorstep. We offer City, Kayaking, Canoeing, Hiking, SUP, Snowshoeing, etc. Using our Adventure Bus we venture out into Ontario's near North for Ontario River Adventures, Hiking, Dogsledding, Camping, Whitewater Rafting, Snowshoeing, etc.
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I'm a repeat customer of the kayaking at the Humber River. I recently organized a trip with a bunch of friends who were in the city over the long weekend. I like that this promotes physical activity and you don't have to travel far to get to it. The guides are very professional and friendly. There were a few people in our group who were apprehensive about going out on the water. The guides were engaging, informative and catered to everyones' needs. The expedition is about 2 hours in total. You kayak as a group around the river and explore surrounding 'nature'. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a change of scenery and pace. This is a cool way to see parts of your city in different light. Thanks Toronto Adventures - I'd recommend your company any day.

1  Thank travelanywhere81
"beginners"
in 5 reviews
"pfds"

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We did the intro to snowshoe adventure on Jan 26. This is a full day activity and it can be cold so dress warm. Return drop off can be as late as 6pm depending on snowshoe destination, weather, traffic.

Transportation was provided from subway pickup point, riding in their adventure bus. Bus was an older school bus but that is half the fun. The bus stopped at Tim Hortons once each way for food and bathroom option.

Staff were pleasant and helpful. Snowshoes worked fine.

If you like outdoorsy activities this one it is a lot of fun.

The fact that they provide transport from the subway is handy for city dwellers.

1  Thank GreatWhiteNorth2k
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have done two activities with Toronto Adventures so far and they were both great. For the guided kayaking trip down the Humber River, I have bought a Groupon for the activity. There was a minor hiccup when I tried to apply to coupon code to their system. I contacted them through a email form on their website and it took them a couple of days to reply. This is a family business runs by a small number of people who are always on the run, so patience is key! The kayaking trip was great even for a first timer. Our guide showed us a couple of scenic spots and told us about wildlife that you can see in the area. If you are using a Groupon, remember to bring some extra cash since you will need to pay the HST and a $10 weekend surcharge. A piece of ID is also required for a deposit for your rentals.

I also went on a hiking trip to Mono Cliff with them during fall. One of the great things about their day trips is that they usually provide transportation to get to the destination. They are perfect for city dwellers who don't have a car yet crave for an adventure. Some people complained that they use a school bus instead of a motor coach. But in my opinion, you get dirty in adventures anyways. The main thing is you want to get to your destination. I look forward to more adventures with them.

Ted C, Manager at Toronto Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for joining us at www.TorontoAdventures.ca

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a wonderful experience - first time kayaking ever but it was smooth sailing all the way. Great biceps exercise if you want to challenge yourself by paddling hard. It was about 1.5 hour of kayaking round trip. Saw a few wild life and lovely delicate lily flowers. (it takes 4 years to grow so please don't pick them) It was behind the Old Mill Inn & Spa and Old Mill Subway Station. Make sure to google map the place and plan ahead because the address only said Kingsmill Park. We had kayaking lesson for starters and it was helpful. Our guide Matt was also very interactive and entertaining. We'll be back there again for sure!
P.S. For a tandem kayak, if you have a Groupon, it's only $25 each person with the rental & lesson. Of course, the deal changes all the time so watch out for it because it's totally worth it!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I purchased the Toronto Adventures - Humber River Groupon. It's following the purchase to register on their website to ensure you have a spot on the day/time you want to kayak. This experience included a quick kayak lesson and over an hour of kayaking on the river.

On land, Mattias lead us through some tips and tricks in terms of how to paddle ourselves and what to do if we get ourselves in a sticky situation.

In the water Andrew lead the group while Mattias kayaked in the back of the group - with two instructors in the water I felt safe and guided (first time kayaker here!)

The Humber River was very calm and it was a wonderful experience. Although I was nervous about tipping, I was glad to hear that the river is no more than 5ft deep.

We didn't make it to the Humber Bay Arch bridge (due to time) but it was nice to go at one's own pace but also still be a part of a group.

FYI: The groupon does not charge HST so there is a small tax payment before you can kayak (in a single kayak it was $3.25).

I would definitely repeat this kayaking experience!