“Fun Day Trips and Activities around Toronto!”
Review of Toronto Adventures

Toronto Adventures
Ranked #76 of 147 Tours in Toronto
More attraction details
Owner description: Toronto Adventures mission is to bring outdoor recreation to your doorstep. We offer City, Kayaking, Canoeing, Hiking, SUP, Snowshoeing, etc. Using our Adventure Bus we venture out into Ontario's near North for Ontario River Adventures, Hiking, Dogsledding, Camping, Whitewater Rafting, Snowshoeing, etc.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have done two activities with Toronto Adventures so far and they were both great. For the guided kayaking trip down the Humber River, I have bought a Groupon for the activity. There was a minor hiccup when I tried to apply to coupon code to their system. I contacted them through a email form on their website and it took them a couple of days to reply. This is a family business runs by a small number of people who are always on the run, so patience is key! The kayaking trip was great even for a first timer. Our guide showed us a couple of scenic spots and told us about wildlife that you can see in the area. If you are using a Groupon, remember to bring some extra cash since you will need to pay the HST and a $10 weekend surcharge. A piece of ID is also required for a deposit for your rentals.

I also went on a hiking trip to Mono Cliff with them during fall. One of the great things about their day trips is that they usually provide transportation to get to the destination. They are perfect for city dwellers who don't have a car yet crave for an adventure. Some people complained that they use a school bus instead of a motor coach. But in my opinion, you get dirty in adventures anyways. The main thing is you want to get to your destination. I look forward to more adventures with them.

Ted C, Manager at Toronto Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for joining us at www.TorontoAdventures.ca

All reviews
"beginners"
in 5 reviews
"pfds"

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a wonderful experience - first time kayaking ever but it was smooth sailing all the way. Great biceps exercise if you want to challenge yourself by paddling hard. It was about 1.5 hour of kayaking round trip. Saw a few wild life and lovely delicate lily flowers. (it takes 4 years to grow so please don't pick them) It was behind the Old Mill Inn & Spa and Old Mill Subway Station. Make sure to google map the place and plan ahead because the address only said Kingsmill Park. We had kayaking lesson for starters and it was helpful. Our guide Matt was also very interactive and entertaining. We'll be back there again for sure!
P.S. For a tandem kayak, if you have a Groupon, it's only $25 each person with the rental & lesson. Of course, the deal changes all the time so watch out for it because it's totally worth it!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My friend and I purchased the Toronto Adventures - Humber River Groupon. It's following the purchase to register on their website to ensure you have a spot on the day/time you want to kayak. This experience included a quick kayak lesson and over an hour of kayaking on the river.

On land, Mattias lead us through some tips and tricks in terms of how to paddle ourselves and what to do if we get ourselves in a sticky situation.

In the water Andrew lead the group while Mattias kayaked in the back of the group - with two instructors in the water I felt safe and guided (first time kayaker here!)

The Humber River was very calm and it was a wonderful experience. Although I was nervous about tipping, I was glad to hear that the river is no more than 5ft deep.

We didn't make it to the Humber Bay Arch bridge (due to time) but it was nice to go at one's own pace but also still be a part of a group.

FYI: The groupon does not charge HST so there is a small tax payment before you can kayak (in a single kayak it was $3.25).

I would definitely repeat this kayaking experience!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

With my husband we booked two hours of canoeing one month a half ago, it was very expensive (50$ for only two hours) but overall it was nice. The only think is, at the end of our trip they forgot to give me my DRIVER'S LICENCE back.... It has been one month a half I've been trying to contact them in order to have it back but it seems like they don't know where they keep all forgotten IDs and they say this is not their responsibility to remind people about it before they leave...

5  Thank Maria K

I am very sorry to hear about your lost I.D.
We collect I.D. on rentals so that you will properly sign out upon your return so that we know that you are safe.
When you do not properly sign-out upon your return and collect your I.D. we check to make sure that you have returned the boat enabling us to know that you have safely returned.
We attempt to call you on the phone number that you supplied in order to let you know that we have your I.D.
I am sorry to hear that you were not able to contact us.
We have full time staff answering calls and returning emails.
You mentioned that a price of $50 is expensive for a group of two to rent a canoe for two hours. I am sorry you feel that way because we cannot go any lower in price. We have to pay location permit fees, have a minimum of two paid guides on the water at all times, have office staff answering your emails and phone calls, booth staff to sign you in. Drivers to transport our boat trailers every day, etc. We have to pay for over 100 kayaks and canoes, one van, one truck, one bus, two 50 boat trailers, insurance, warehouse space... this all adds up. We really try to provide great recreation at an affordable price, but we have to charge enough to pay the bills.
I am glad that you enjoyed your paddle.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Purchased a Groupon in May and booked directly via the company website (no phone call was required).

The overall experience was great, we enjoyed the kayaking trip down the Humber. The lesson was very basic, just an overview of how to hold the paddles, what type of paddles to use and review of how to use the paddles. (All on solid ground) Than we were lead to the river and a group employees helped us board the kayaks than off we went. Our "guide/trainer" gave us some info as we went down the river on some of the birds / plants we were seeing and info on how the currents work etc. At the end of the 2 hour trip we were a little tired but enjoyed the experience. We will kayak again.

3  Thank justatravel73