“patio is great”

Gabby's Bar And Grill
Ranked #1,211 of 8,643 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, Bar
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Welcome to Gabby's, a Canadian restaurant/bar chain with a strong focus on great quality, mainstream casual food at affordable prices. Proudly Serving Neighbourhoods for 22 years! Gabby's was founded in 1989 by a local Toronto based family. Situated on Yonge Street, north of Lawrence Avenue in the heart of a populated upper-middle-class neighbourhood, the concept was simply to create a cozy environment that was well suited to have great conversations, served quality freshly cooked meals and offered great draft beer and spirit selections. After more then two decades of fine-tuning, product development, and loads of hard work, we have what you see today. As of 2012, we have eighteen locations (15 under the banner name Gabby's) We currently serve over 35,000 customers a week. Today, we still offer a stimulating atmosphere with lots of conversation pieces on the walls and serve excellent quality, fresh cooked meals. We are defined as a main stream casual dining restaurant with an integrated sports bar area that caters to the community and local businesses. We provide friendly, attentive service in a relaxed environment by staff and owners that truly enjoy their job.
Delhi, Delhi, India
“patio is great”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

more than the food, the patio is great. If the weather permits, its really lively to sit outside. I especially like to sit on the seats adjacent to pedestrian walkway. Its right opposite the TIFF Bell Lightbox, so there's always something happening
The flip side is - the servers take a l-o-n-g time to come to your table

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,417 helpful votes
“Mediocre Average 3 star type place......”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I totally agree with the other reviewers. This is a totally 3 star across the board "average" type place. I was at a business conference in the area and it was raining. I was with a work colleague and we didn't have time to review places ahead of time.

We were at an all weekend type event and we already went to a few other places in the area. It was ok and the menu was quite extensive but the food was just ok. Nothing too memorable. I got the daily special which was an open faced turkey sandwich with gravy and mashed potatoes.

It was ok. My work colleague got a sandwich and he only ate half of it so I assume it wasn't anything too special either. The service was quite good and the waitress was very friendly and even checked on us several times.

I guess if you're in the area it's ok but I wouldn't go out of the way if you're not close. There are several hotels in the area so I'd have to believe they get that crowd.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank saintba
Montreal, Canada
“nothing special”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

the food is classic, good rack. Service slow even without a lot of people inside the restaurant. I ordered a full rack and it was ok. nice terrasse outside

Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Some good some bad”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am giving Gabby’s 3 stars … but just barely.

The location, across from the TIFF Lightbox is great and they have a large secluded patio … but unfortunately loud musing was blaring (to the point that the waitress could barely take our order) and it was quite smoky.

I had the steak with sweet potatoes fries ($18). It was excellent - tender and not overdone (as often in North America). Portions were generous. Sweet potatoes fries were nice and crispy.

Our son also had the steak, but with rice. He commented: "the rice has no taste!"

My wife had the Chicken Monsoon salad ($13). It was terrible. The salad was not fresh and very soggy – drenched in a "monsoon" of high-sugar sweet and sour vinaigrette. She was hoping for something light and healthy and was totally disappointed. There were just a few small pieces of chicken floating in the salad.

Overall a more sour than sweet experience. Stay away from the salad … or ask for the vinaigrette on the side.

Service was pretty good and fast.

• Visited August 2013
Mississauga, Canada
“Late Drinks”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

nice bar with polite service, went here for drinks solo while walking on king street. they have a nice big patio on the side. cant comment on food but it looked good from the other people around.very nice atmoshephre to grab a few drinks. next time ill try something for sure.

• Visited July 2013