“Fun little corner bar and restaurant”
Review of Bar Wellington

Bar Wellington
Ranked #863 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was close to our hotel, The Thompson, only a block away. The food and drink was good. Service was great. Really friendly and fun. Good burgers and salads well priced.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We love, love this pub. Why? The staff, the food, the atmosphere. Customer service is ace. Do I need to say more? My husband and I usually go once a week. A couple of months ago we made reservations and requested our favourite table, unfortunately when we arrived the table was occupied so we were seated at another table. We mentioned it to our waitress and she said as soon as the table becomes available she will seat us, not only did she live up to her word, but she took off the corkage fee (yes you read that correctly, Saturday night the corkage fee is ONLY $5.00, why would you go for dinner anywhere else), and my husband's first beer was free. We keep saying we should go to other restaurants or pubs in the city, but why fight with perfection?? And this pub is it. I also have to mention one time their weekly special was a lasagne, and it was the best lasagne we have ever had, sad to say we haven't seen it on their menu since, can you please make it a regular dish on your menu?

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favourite spots in the city. The atmosphere is cozy and casual. It's located in such a nice area - very trendy and across from the park which creates a calm and comfortable vibe on the patio. Food is alway yummy and beer is always cold!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went with a group of 8 of us - our table was great and roomy, and the service was impeccable. Such a sweet waitress. We noticed the $5 corking fee for saturday night and grabbed a few bottles of wine - it was a great deal for BYOWine. The food was very tasty and not too greasy with a wide selection, from salads to steak. When the bill came, we were even more impressed. The boys also loved that they could watch the game :)

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I celebrated my 60th birthday at Bar Wellington last night along with my family and 30 of my closest friends. The service couldn't have been more attentive. My husband had ordered platters of appetizers which everyone raved about. The Wellington is a regular spot for father-daughter lunches and sometimes Mom when I'm lucky :)
The Sunday roast beef dinner is also superb.
Whether for lunch or dinner for 2 or 6, or party of 30 plus, The Wellington the quintessential gathering spot.

Richard P, Owner at Bar Wellington, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thanks for the post. And a Happy belated Birthday! Glad you had a great time!