“Best Lettuce Wraps!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
Description: Our menu offers culinary creations by our Co-Founder, Philip Chiang, that are inspired by the major regions of China and its neighbouring countries. Most of our dishes are cooked in a Northern-style Chinese wok fired by a 900 degree flame which creates "wok hay" or "breath of wok." Our unique smoky, caramelized flavours and crispy textures can only be achieved using this age-old traditional technique. Each dish is prepared to order using only the freshest, high-quality ingredients. We use fresh chicken breast and flank steak that are hand-trimmed each day in our kitchens. All our dishes are MSG-free. Our vast selection means everyone will find something to love. We can accommodate a variety of allergies and tastes. A Gluten-Free menu is also available. Attaining harmony of taste, texture, colour and aroma by balancing the Chinese principles of FAN and T'SAI.
“Best Lettuce Wraps!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is the only PF Chang's in Toronto. I used to visit whenever I was in the US. Now, I go fairly often and can't help ordering the same combination every time, it is soooo good!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps, Dynamite Shrimp, Beef & Broccoli, Brown Rice. Secret is to combine a bit of each with PF Chang's special sauce in the lettuce wrap. That makes this meal "gluten friendly" and if you skip the rice, it is also low carb, if either of these are important to you. We order it purely for great taste. The flavours and textures all combine to make a very satisfying meal. We usually have to ask for extra lettuce which is provided graciously. If you try this and like it, let me low by clicking "Helpful Vote" - Enjoy :-)
Service unfortunately is inconsistent, but it was good on our last visit.

• Visited January 2014

Montreal, Canada
“Good quality Chinese restaurant”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was here with a party of 10. They accommodated our reservation on the day of with a bar table with stools around it. The decor of the place is very chic - it is dimly lit and the decor is dark.

I ordered the sweet and sour chicken. The meal came in a large portion size with rice on the side in a separate bowl. The chicken was great quality - lean white meat just the way I like it. This is very hard to find with typical Chinese restaurants because they tend to cook with darker cuts of chicken. My friends raved about the chicken lettuce wraps and I will definitely try these next time I go. The service was excellent, the staff were well trained and the dinner went without a hitch.

The downside to this place is its typical North American generic-ness - to me, it is like going to a Jack Astor's, Boston Pizza, or some other chain restaurant, except this one has a bit of Asian flavour. It's more expensive than independent Chinese restaurants, but I DID enjoy the cut of meat they used for my dish...

I would come back here only if I had guests that weren't used to Asian food but wanted to try something different. There is a nice atmosphere here and the centrally placed bar is very nice to sit around.

• Visited December 2013
“Sort of Chinese”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

It definitely is franchise! Chopsticks beside the regular cutlery confirmed that this is supposed to be Chinese. However, no tea was offered as a starter for everyone. When it was ultimately ordered for two people, a small pot was brought, which was never refilled with hot water. Spring rolls were OK. Calamari appetizer was good. Main dishes were tasty but the portions were small. Service was average at best. Not a place to go back to.

• Visited January 2014
Newmarket, Canada
“Nice decor, good food and value”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was impressed with this upscale franchise location in the Don Mills shops area., even though parking was distant. The décor was impressive, though the tables a little too close for my taste. The restaurant is set up to serve large groups, so a table for four is a little lost in the lofty ceilinged room. Service was prompt and attentive. The specials looked tempting.
The vegetarian and health-conscious offerings were the best of the menu, though carnivores like me should choose from the well-marked spicy choices.
The wine list should satisfy any price range, though the number of VQA offerings is disappointing.
Overall value is good, but not spectacular, perhaps a step above Mandarin.

• Visited December 2013
“OMG Worst service EVER”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Go to PF Chang often in States. They need to get their act together here. Waitress took order and brought appetizers in timely manner. Ordered glass of red wine. Was acidly and really bad. Sent back. Sat with dirty plates on table for over 25 minutes. Waitress said entrees coming and didnt clear table until we asked -did half of table then disappeared. Finally asked for manager to check for entrees. Came out then. Server and waitress dropped plates on dirty table and dishes. Began to clear table when we asked for bill. Left scraps and plates everywhere. Had bad wine on bill. Adjusted ehile we sat at dirty table HORRIBLE. Won't go back!

• Visited November 2013
Kimberly M, Guest Relations Manager at PF Chang's, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello,
We are very sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations and that your waitress missed some of the most important details. Of course we review with servers what is their responsibility, and what you mentioned certainly is. A guest, yourself, should never have to sit at a dirty table. Please email our team at customerexperience@pfchangs.ca and they will get back to you. Thank you, for letting us know you enjoyed the food. Again your feedback is much appreciated.