“Winterlicious...very yummy!”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Cross street: Dixon Road & Skyway Avenue
Description: Chop Steakhouse Toronto is located on Dixon Road near Pearson International Airport. View our site for seasonal menus & daily drink specials.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We decided to try the Winterlicious Menu here. For $35 it was a good deal. The ambience is very nice...classy! I absolutely LOVED our table because I could see the planes landing right over our heads!
My husband had the Cesar Salad and I had the Crab Cakes for appetizers. My husband liked the salad but he did say the dressing tasted bottled. (They say they make everything in house so we cannot confirm it is bottled ;) ) My crab cakes were very good...not oily at all.
Our mains, I had the Goat Cheese and Pancetta stuffed chicken with rice and veggies. I really liked the chicken, although I really couldn't taste the pancetta. The goat cheese was very mild and creamy. I was not too crazy about the rice, it was a bit overcooked and I didn't like the taste, but other people may like it. My husband had the top sirloin and fries with a side of asparagus. He said it was good.
The dessert...OMG...I had crème brulee and it was very very good. My husband had the cheesecake and he liked it but thought maybe the crust was too thick.
We had a drink each and the asparagus was an extra $7.95...so our bill was almost $120.00 including tip. It was a nice night out for Winterlicious...the service was very good. The Maitre D came by a few times to make sure everything was good. Nice touch. The one thing we did notice was they kind of rushed you. When we were called to confirm the reservation, I was informed another party would be eating at a certain time and if that was enough time for us to eat. Not very polite to rush me out before I am even there....just a customer service point. So, good food, a bit pricey, nice service and awesome view of the landing planes!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was with a large group of people and the restaurant easily accommodated for us. We were able to take advantage of the Winterlicious special menu of a 3 course meal for $35. I had the prime rib and not only was it cooked perfectly but it was also very tender. The dessert was decadent and a large serving. Finally service was excellent and attentive to our needs.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This restaurant is very conveniently located next to the Sheraton Airport Conference Centre and Hotel. The ambience is more for a formal dinning experience and has a bar area with tall chairs where you don't need a reservation and can still order from the main menu. The wait staff were very friendly although I found the service fairly slow. I also question the "dress" code for the female wait and bar staff; it seemed to border on the exploitive side especially when compared to what the male staff were wearing. The food was very good and I was quite impressed with their chop salad which I could not finish (way too much). The french onion soup was average.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Beautiful ambience and a wonderful looking menu. Went here with our very particular son for dinner. The steaks were cooked to perfection but I have to say the French Onion Soup was one of the best we have ever had.......and have had lots. The service was attentive but not too much. My husband who is the Ahi Tuna specialist loved the salad which had just enough kick to It he said. Would definitely say it was one of the best Steakhouse's we have been to. Would certainly return .

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Great place to take business Clients. Can get busy so early is best. Menu and food quality above average and I like it better than a Keg or Moxie's. Extensive Wine selection. Pricing on food is on par with a Keg. Expect $120 each with drinks and a tip. Service was friendly and prompt. Obviously they recruit through a modeling agency like Moxie's given the waitress appearance but that seems on par with this type of atmosphere. Not a family venue but great for special occasions and client dinners.

1  Thank TM643