“It's worth the little extra for their little extras...”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Cross street: Dixon Road & Skyway Avenue
Description: Chop Steakhouse Toronto is located on Dixon Road near Pearson International Airport. View our site for seasonal menus & daily drink specials.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

First impression of the new restaurant, CHOP, is the fact that they seem to be taking customer service seriously (a rarity these days). From the hostesses to the hands-on managers to the attentive servers, we felt as if a pleasurable dining experience was high on their list of priorities.

The decor was casual and warm yet elegantly inviting. The menu was extensive and showcased a multitude of tempting fare. Freshness of products and in-house preparations were highlighted and the difference was notable in the taste (the Caesar Salad had a distinctive authenticity to it - no bottle-dressing!).

The Baseball Sirloin with a Lobster, Scallop and Gorgonzola topping was succulent and well-seasoned. The mashed potatoes were infused with wasabi, giving it a pleasant hum. Where many restaurants fail is on the vegetable side, settling for a bland selection of boiled or steamed items. These side vegetables, however, actually had flavour and did more than just fill out the plate.

Stuffed with our main course, we had to share a dessert. The Fallen Chocolate Souffle Cake with mascarpone mouse and fresh vanilla anglaise was more than adequate for two and more than delicious. As advertised, everything was made fresh, in-house and the individual components mixed well together to please the palate.

Our server, Nadia, was friendly and attentive - in a natural, unforced manner that made you feel like more than just a customer. This sort of attention to service makes a huge difference when deciding where to spend your dining dollars. I applaud CHOP for putting such a premium on customer satisfaction and I appreciate the pride they take in their products - I only hope this doesn’t change in an effort to increase their bottom line. Some of use appreciate the little extras.

1  Thank Warren S

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had dinner at the Chop Steakhouse and Bar with a large group during a conference hosted at an airport hotel. The service was very good and the food was great. I went with a seafood dish and the menu had a lot of tempting choices - I look forward to eating there again.

2  Thank Maxim550
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a higher end steakhouse with very good food. We visited with a fairly large group for lunch and I must admit that service was excellent. We did not have to wait long for our food and the waiters were always close by and ready to help.

I had a ceasar salad and it was delicious but be aware, if you have it for lunch while at work, you better have strong mints for the afternoon. The garlic was pretty strong in it, which is to my liking, but it makes for a tough afternoon if you are meeting with a lot of people.

All in all, it is a nice place but you do pay premium for the nice decor, nothing different than other places like Keg or Moxies. I would place this restaurant higher on my list than Moxies for food quality and about par with The Keg. In either 3 cases, it's alright to go there for business but I would have a hard time paying premium prices when taking the whole family out for dinner. If it's in your budget, I do encourage you to try it, I doubt you will be disappointed.

1  Thank boisverf
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good food - staff excellent not busy yet as only just opended but it will be. Rickards Red on Tap please........

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Sisters and Spouses went on a Sunday evening, nice place no waiting.
We all had either Steak or Prime Rib.. the food was great, service was fantastic as there was
not a lot of people in the restaurant.
The 2 sides were my favorite thing.. I had the macaroni and cheese it was really good and baked potato which was actually cooked right through.
6 Dinners and a beer or two each with tip came to about $300.00. Excellent!!

2  Thank ITSMEJM