“Wonderful experience. ”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Esplanade
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Esplanade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful evening at the steakhouse on the Esplanade. Unfortunately I wrote my whole review on the site of the Keg on York the Esplanade. I'm not going to rewrite it all but suffice it to say that the food was wonderful and the service was wonderful and the experience was wonderful. Go to the other site if you want to hear the details.

There are newer reviews for The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Esplanade

Reviewed August 11, 2014

In Toronto on business and wanted to try a steakhouse. Some of my colleagues recommended this restaurant in Old Town Toronto. A short walk from my Intercontinental Hotel and well worth it. Dining outside, the 7 oz filet was perfectly cooked & the baked potato was great. Staff was very attentive and the margaritas (I'm from Texas) were a real surprise - quite tasty. I'll definitely recommend to colleagues visiting our office in Toronto and will try to return on my next trip North.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I are in Toronto for a friends wedding as well as to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We were thinking of finding a non-chain restaurant offering new flavours somewhere in the city but when we got to The Novotel and saw a Keg right across the street all we could think of was steak and escargot! Needless to say we decided to just cross the street.

We sat for a while before we were greeted by a waitress who clearly realized that we had not been attended to despite arriving many minutes before. For this we were grateful and I wish we could have thanked her before leaving. We were starting to think that we were stuck in a dark corner and forgotten because we weren't in fancier clothes! But seriously that waitress kind of made that feeling go away because she was so warm. (cat-eye glasses)

Our appetizer arrived at the hands of the general manager who apologized profusely for how we were left alone for so long and took care of the app cost. Angie, thank you so much for your gracious hospitality and welcoming nature. You really turned our experience around! (And not simply because of the app)

Our meals were fabulous and despite being full we couldn't possibly leave anything on our plates! The wonderful ice cream dessert was a delicious touch and the Happy Anniversary card made it a night to remember for completely positive reasons!

We both have worked/work in customer service and understand that things happen. It's always interesting to see how people react to a little blunder and I'd like to say that you all at the Keg really came through.

Thank you for a wonderful evening!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I generally don't like eating at "chain" restaurants - but the Keg is an exception. Our server was fantastic and the food was delicious. I like that they have a kids menu - and both kids loved their meals also. I don't have a negative thing to say - top notch service and great food.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Esplanade Keg Steakhouse is located so convenient to so many venues that Toronto has to offer. We walked from our downtown hotel location but taxi service is always available. No reservations are taken for the Saturday evening we went. It was under 10 minutes before we were seated. Pleasant and profession staff and service. Our server was knowledgeable when questioned on wine selections and dinner choices. Well paced serving between drinks, bread, salad and entree courses made for a relaxed experience. Server was attentive and filled our glasses from a bottle of Malbec wine he assisted us with in our final selection process. Comfortable seating, properly spaced to allow for private conversation. We treated ourselves with escargot and selections of prime rib and New York peppercorn seasoned strip steak. Both served as ordered and leaving us too full to experience a dessert. Well staffed, good atmosphere, well appointed seating areas, delicious food with ample selection choices, and priced not to break the bank. Another positive experience at a Keg location.

1  Thank Don W