“Authentic italian atmosphere.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: The Queensway
Reviewed January 16, 2019

Had dinner with my husband for the first time at Positicino Ristorante. The server was attentive to our needs throughout the night. The food was flavourable and true to the italian cuisine... the Egglplant Parmigana was cooked to perfection and Veal Marsala with Mushrooms was so tender you didn't need a knife to cut it and it practically melted in your mouth. Its a very quaint but busy setting. The servers work hard to meet the needs of their customers. Thank you!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 15, 2019

We visited this restaurant for the first time recently. Restaurant was cozy; server was attentive and prompt. We started with the Caprese Salad and the Caesar Salad...both were very good...generous servings. The wine list is amazing....lots of great options, and ti appears that the list has been recognized as such. My daughter had the Chianti and I had the Pinot Grigio...great choices. For our main courses, I had the penne vodka and my daughter had the tagliatelle....both very good, generous portions. The food was served hot (temperature-wise), which is always appreciated. We were stuffed, so we skipped dessert. We enjoyed our visit and we felt very comfortable there. We would certainly return.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Family style, quiet, staff changed duties as was required to satisfy the diners. Menu more than sufficient to please most tastes. Clean linen, sparkling glassware and many "real smiles" from the staff when they served you. Wine list complete and served with a flair (at least our server did !) Street parking could be a problem. Three people with wine: low
$200.00 with tip. Would I go back...you bet!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I came with my wife and had pasta and it was good. Weeks later, I invited another couple for dinner (my treat). It was a Saturday afternooon, I walked in and asked the man for 7PM reservation for 4. He said it was all booked,. I had to come at 5:30 PM. So we did. The place was not even 15% filled as we left well after 7 PM. Appitizers were good but SMALL $$$. "Tiny dinner" and two bottles of wines were good, but food price was average $$$ and should have been three times larger. We left hungry. Chef came out and was very proud of food - Much too small for even my tiny wife. Ambiance excelent. Few staff available. I apologised to my friends for they too were hungry. We will not go back unless it is know that they provide a meal size dinner.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank martykristof
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

I really don’t understand how this place has so many good reviews, but I’m going to give it a shot.

So my impression of this place is family oriented and home cooked food with familiar faces going on a regular basis because they know the people, they know the food and they know the restaurant. Problem is they don’t know taste. I was definitely the odd man out as everyone there seemed to know one another. The chef came out and greeted most tables and everyone says their piece and everyone is happy. Everyone is happy except for me, because the bread was stale, the calamari had to of been from costco(super greasy) and the pasta to me was over cooked(almost created one ball of mush). This place comes right out of a bad low budget mobster movie with no name actors. It’s like when Henry Hill describes Italian food at the end of Goodfellas. I’m quite sure most people who visit this restaurant are Italian and they’re just being respectful towards the owner/chef but really and truly, I see this place closing down when the cycle of regulars pass away.

East Side Mario’s is a close second.

Date of visit: August 2018