“Great Italian in mid town T.O.”

Balsamico Ristorante
Ranked #700 of 8,650 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
San Francisco, California
“Great Italian in mid town T.O.”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had the pleasure of eating at Balsamico on Saturday night as a large party of 9. The food was excellent, we started with antipasti, calamari, bruschetta and caprese salad. The mains - pastas were perfectly cooked (gnocchi, fusili Balsamico, vongole and tagliatelle) and the specials (salmon) was good. The highlights were definitely desert - Tiramisu is unbelievably good and worth a visit on its own! The chocolate mouse was also very good, but I am partial to Tiramisu. We also drank very good 2008 Barolos and a white (did not taste).
Will return at every opportunity.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ictaylor

Richmond Hill, Canada
“Small and quaint a lot of regulars.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving we noticed this quaint small room we were greeted but asked if we had a reservation. Which we did. We had two choices either in the front or crammed between two large tables. The mushroom bruschetta drizzled in truffle oil was very very good. The muscles however, were missing a little spice. I ordered the risotto pescatore. I enjoyed the calamari, shrimp, however felt the red sauce was bitter. Seemed like it wasn't freshly made. My husband ordered the roasted chicken which was salty. We felt our waiter needed to be told everything was good. Which we did, however, felt like he would take it personal. Two bottles of wine where the cork split not a good sign tried it it seemed spoiled. He did get us another wine that he selected which was much better a robust Malbec. Overall we had a pleasant meal however, this will not be a place we would come back. I wish we went to 5 doors North or 7 numbers since we still haven't tried it.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank luvtovacation42
toronto
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Have been two times this year with friends, both times had great service, large portions of food and an enjoyable evening.
Will be back.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank m n
Toronto, Canada
“My Favorite Italian Resturant in Toronto”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been going to Balsamico since it opened and I have never been disappointed!
It is a wonderful little place in mid-town Toronto that is very authentic, delicious and well priced. I am a sucker for their pasta dishes as they are all homemade. I always order the Gorgonzola gnocchi. It is sooo good and the gnocchi are so soft! I will always wait till I hear the specials before I make my final choice, as they have some amazing options. There is always a fresh pasta special as well as a fish.
Also not to be missed is the homemade Tiramisu! It is the best I have ever had!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank fritze1688
Toronto
“One of my favorite restaurants in Toronto”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have been going on a regular basis to Balsamico for the past 2 years. Aside from the amazing service, warm atmosphere and great décor, the food is absolutely delicious. Balsamico's Chef, Ned Spahic, can transform even a simple salad to a culinary delight and the wide Italian-infused menu consists a variety of dishes, from pizza to Risotto; from salad to grilled octopus (to die for!).

Balsamico makes their own pasta which makes it one of the few restaurants I know that put an extra effort on freshness and unique taste.

As someone who values the culinary experience and has been to restaurants all over the world, I find Balsamico to be a sight for sore eye, or in other words: their food will make you smile again. Kudos to Ned and Linda for great service and food that is made with love and attention to details.

My favorites: Grilled Octopus (on weekends), Veal Scaloppini with side of pasta in mushroom sauce, and the Pesto Gnocchi (made in-house).
(I would post a picture, but unfortunately I 'clean' my plate faster than I take pictures...)

PS: You must try the Tiramisu!

• Visited April 2013