“Must-Have Tacos”
Review of Grand Electric

Grand Electric
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Electric is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 9,006 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Amazing taco's and definitely a must try. The fish tacos, spicy chicken (real spicy) and beef cheek are definite must-haves.

It has a really cool west-coast vibe. The music is loud. The drinks are also expensive. It's more of a quick in-and-out place and then on to somewhere else for drinks.

1  Thank Emily F

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Grand Electric does not have an extensive menu, but what they do have, they do very well. A great selection of tacos, a daily special, tuna ceviche, great guacamole and tortilla chips made in house. They also have some creative yummy cocktails and an extensive bourbon menu. They do not take reservations, and there is only seating for about about thirty people, so if you are not the type to stand in line waiting a table, get there before 6:30 p.m. If not, it is still worth the wait, but the aromas will have you drooling before you even sit down. They also offer take-out, delivery, and catering.

1  Thank bokalil
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We went here on a Saturday night. The wait was like 45 minutes but they take your cell phone number and text when your table is ready so we just went to a local bar and had a beer while we waited. Well it was worth the wait! First we got the chips and guacamole which were fabulous. Then we ordered tacos. We got crispy cauliflower, beef cheek, scrapple, baja fish and spicy chicken. They were all good. My favorite surprisingly was crispy cauliflower. Never thought to put cauliflower in a taco but it totally works! I loved the vibe of the place, loud rap music, dimly lit. It was great. Probably wouldn't bring little kids there.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Came here on a Thursday night with three friends for dinner, and arrived around 8:00pm. We waited around 20 minutes for a table.

All members of my party ordered 4 tacos. You would think that they would bring each person what they actually ordered, but no. They will bring out everything haphazardly mixed together, so you are left to divide everything up amongst yourselves when it arrives, provided that you can actually see your food or hear the waitress tell you what everything is! The music is so loud, forget about actually having a conversation with people during your meal. I tried to rely on lip reading but no dice - it's super dark in there. The menu is written on a chalkboard at the very back of the restaurant, and my vision isn't terribly bad but I had to pull out my glasses to even be able to see it. Don't bother asking the servers any questions - you will be met with contempt.

And the food - it was okay. I found that the tacos had WAY too much mayo/slaw on them that it hid the flavours that would otherwise be very good. The only saving grace was the chips & guac, and the cold beer.

This restaurant is clearly trying to project a very "hip" image, but you can't be all flash and not have the service to back it up. I would not return here.

1  Thank Emily H
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Finally a restaurant that isn't afraid of using flavour and spice! Everything on the menu is delicious. The spicy squid, beef cheek, pork, baja fish and GE sour are some of my favourite things on the menu! Some of the negatives are that it's a very very long wait. My advice is put your name down and head down to Rhino's across the street .. it also gets very loud, so def not a place for children. There is a live DJ but the place is very tiny with no patio - so don't expect for intimate conversations this is not the place to be. I love the food there and hasn't disappointed me in the last few years I've been going there.

1  Thank Pattycakes28