“Yummy!”
Review of Grand Electric

Grand Electric
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Electric is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #299 of 9,135 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great tacos. I loved them all. The ceviche was nice as well. Unique atmosphere and tasty food and drinks make this place a perfect spot for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I was a little bit frustrated when the girl at the door said 2hr wait.

We went to get drinks across the street and waited and waited and waited for my cell to ring.
We ended up waiting 2.5hrs and I thought 'these tacos better be freakin' amazing'.

They ARE!

The appetizers (tuna ceviche and spicy squid) were the best part of the meal! However that's not meant to say we didn't enjoy the tacos. We tried them all and the verdict is the pork taco is the best among all of these outstanding tacos.

Don't be turned off by the wait! It's well worth it!!!!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you are planning on coming to Grand Electric be prepared to wait at a neighbouring bar for around 30 -40 minutes. The restaurant is small and beat up but the diners are not here for the decor. The taco's are amazing and so is the old school non commercialized hip hop that blasts through the restaurant. I have eaten here around 6-7 times and have never had a bad experience. The Tuna Ceviche is a highlight! The margarita's are good but could be a little bigger. Definitely a hipster vibe but people seem friendly rather than pretentious. Taco's are 3.50 each try them al, my favourite is chicken and baja fish.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have eaten here six times since the Grand Electric has opened and the first couple of times really enjoyed myself (the tacos were awesome and they make a decent whiskey sour). I noticed that slowly I was less impressed and the last time I went (a couple of weeks ago), it is simply an okay meal. Don't get me wrong, the food is still fine but somehow it does not live up to what it used to (the fish ceviche was a bit too marinated and somewhat sour, the pulled pork was not even on the menu and the pork belly, well let's say have had better). Still like the idea of being able to choose how much I eat and only pay for that amount, but is it still worthy of the long wait to get in? Sadly, I think not.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Pros:

- They serve tacos and I like tacos

Cons:

- Mediocre food
- Overpriced
- Long lines
- Servers hover around you hinting to hurry up