“Worth the wait, delicious and cheap.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grand Electric

Grand Electric
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Electric is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: West End
Toronto, Canada
“Worth the wait, delicious and cheap.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

When we heard there would be a wait for Grand Electric, we showed up at 4:30pm to get in at 5pm. But Parkdale is such a cool area and we got distracted by the vintage shops and lost our place. We came back at 4:50pm and the lineup was huge! Luckily we got in on the first seating after this crazy hobo yelled "WHY ARE YOU WAITING IN LINE FOR AN HOUR FOR A F***** TACO!" which actually made my day. Hilarious! The calamari was out of this world, I ordered two orders and shoved the left overs in my purse for later. The ribs are delicious but messy. The restaurant is cheap too... but the servers will push you out as soon as you're done. So get in and get out!

• Visited October 2012

Toronto
“Love he food, hate the line up...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been to Grand Electric twice. The first time, I waited in line for 2-hours, after being told it would only be one hour. Once we were finally seated, the food came out rather quickly and it was fantastic. I've been there twice and we have probably tried most things on the menu. Everything was amazing. The guacamole is fantastic. The icing on the cake for me was the key lime pie dessert - delicious! I last visited Grand Electric in the summer and would love to go back. I'm just not willing to wait in the cold.

• Visited July 2012
Ontario
“Incredible from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I went here on a Monday night on a whim, having heard how good it is. There was about an hour's wait when we go there, so we headed across the street to the Rhino for a couple of drinks while we waited. The GE is small so I imagine that this is pretty typical. With 350+ beers available, the Rhino is a great spot to wait.
We were sat at the bar and each ordered drinks and a round of tacos right away. We split the 6 that were on the menu and ended up ordering seconds of our favorites. Each was delicious in its own way, but the baha fish and scrapple tacos were to die for. My girlfriends' ketchup chip rimmed Casear was also incredible. On top of the great service and hot, fresh served food, the ambience was great and the music was incredible. Cannot WAIT to go back.

• Visited December 2012
toronto
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Grand Electric was Awesome!

Food was very good, very cool atmosphere and all for a reasonable price, I would highly recommend this spot.

• Visited November 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Your not hip enough to eat at Grand Electric”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

As my mother, girlfriend and I lined up in front of GE, my social anxiety was confirmed. Im not hip enough to eat here..I knew the ladies in my life felt the same way as we all stood, wide eyed and slightly intimidated amongst the tapestry of perfumed have me nots and horn rimmed suave-o's with deck shoes and sleeve tattoos.. Finally, doors open and the place immediately fills up with drinks and conversation. We were led to the patio, past the wonderful little bbq set up and figured, from the line of weary, yet cheery looking bar patrons, that GE is a young chefs hangout...Immediately we were told that we could be sharing our picnic bench with another "table" so be warned! try to go with five or six folks and wait for a table to be yours.

upon recommendation, my partner ordered the Bourbonade (Bourbon/lemonade 10$) and I a Caesar (10$), and can say they were both very very good.

These were followed by the ceviche, fish tacos, short ribs and guacamole.... aaaaaandddddd...No Plates! be warned....

The Ceviche was the best I've ever had..Quite delicious, the rest...Amazing, but pushing it with the price ... once we were done, our plates were quickly taken by the busser, and no offer for another drink came to us and our empty cups....we paid our courteous staff only to see them perch and tap feet by the bar to cue us our exit.... A common problem with spots that are hot...They just want you to GTFO.. Reflecting by the streetcar stop after we left, the memory of the great food was replaced with the rule that anywhere that dinners going to cost $80 for three, the hospitality shouldn't leave with the empty plates....

• Visited September 2012