“Amazing Red Velvet Pancakes”
Review of The Good Fork

The Good Fork
Ranked #379 of 8,574 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: We are a neighbourhood joint in the heart of Bloor West Village. The food served is seasonal using the freshest ingredients and draws influences from Anatolian cuisine. The Goodfork is fully licensed serving VQA wines and beer from local micro brewers. For larger groups, our second floor is available to host private parties/events.
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Red Velvet Pancakes”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I went this morning for breakfast, its my second time eating here. The red velvet pancakes are delicious. Its a must try for anyone who likes red velvet.

Visited October 2013

“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

When looking for a new experience in the Jane/Bloor area, We searched out positive reviews and decided on Good Fork.

From the second that we walked in, we knew that the reviews were NOT AUTHENTIC. The decor is very plain and institutional. The lighting is bright and did not create any sort of intimate atmosphere.

The menu was limited and the appetizer mezze offering was very underwhelming. For fifteen bucks we had a microscopic sampling of eight different features and nothing really stood out.

We had a party of four and two tried the Jerked Cornish Hen and that was fair to good. The other two went traditional and had the rib steak, which was a bland, washed out looking fast fry steak with no taste and a lot of gristle. For $24, you shouldn't expect the world but this was really weak.

Out party of four with three glasses of wine got out the door for $180 and we will NEVER go back to this restaurant again.

It is in a beautiful location but was quite dead so the locals know the lay of the land. On the bright side, they won't last with what they are offering and hopefully someone else can come in and give us something to rave about.

• Visited October 2013
“Gem in Bloor West”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

While have had some hiccups here (long wait time for food, beet salad is not great) overall this is a great place to eat. The atmosphere is simple and intimate, the food is fantastic and the service is friendly. They have raised their prices making it a little overpriced. Brunch is always yummy! And the wine deal on Wednesday is worth it. Nice selection of local wines.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Friendly flavourful Fork”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The Good Fork is a semi-regular private treat.
While my wife and I have dined here together several times, I am often go here as a special breakfast or lunch treat.
Since I often have a day off in the middle of the week this is my go to place for a solo meal.
Another confession...80% of the time I order the same dish, their incredible Spanish Hash which is an intoxicating mix of peppers, cubed potatoes, sausage and poached egg with just a little heat.
However I can also vouch their hamburgers are also terrific and their frites equally superb.
Coffee is strong and bottomless.
Service is always friendly though servers sometimes struggle to keep up when both levels of the restaurant are full.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“I love the good fork!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I always have a great experience when I eat here. Staff are so pleasant and helpful. The owner is very on board. Always checking on tables, making sure everything is going ok. Food is amazing. Prices are so worth it. I just love going here. I highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013