“A Good Meal also”

Ranked #339 of 9,074 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Description: We are a neighbourhood joint in the heart of Bloor West Village. The food served is seasonal using the freshest ingredients and draws influences from Anatolian cuisine. The Goodfork is fully licensed serving VQA wines and beer from local micro brewers. For larger groups, our second floor is available to host private parties/events.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a very good experience at the Good Fork. A couple with a baby recommended the Good Fork while we walked down Bloor Street looking for a good restaurant. We were not disappointed. The smoked Chicken pot pie was great. Ask my wife. I had the original burger that was very tasty. The root beer was fantastic. The sweet potato fries disappeared quickly. My wife and I split the last fry. The service was friendly which is different for Toronto and very attentive and prompt. We returned for two other meals. All passed my wife's headache test. She gets bad migraines from MSG and preservatives. No headaches. The breakfast our last morning in Toronto was excellent. The fresh squeezed grapefruit juice was very good. She had bacon and eggs. I had sausage and eggs. Both prepared precisely as we desired. Meals were a tad bit pricey. The decor is contemporary but simple and clean. Bath rooms were very clean. Lastly, we have absolutely no connection to the owners of this restaurant but feel compelled to recommend this restaurant highly.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went to the Good Fork for a late lunch with a friend. It was not very busy while we were there, so we were seated quickly and had excellent service. I ordered huevos rancheros, which were good, but nothing special. The eggs were done well and the salsa had a hint of lime, which was nice. My friend ordered a grilled cheese with bacon and said it was delicious. We split a side order of red velvet pancakes, which seemed to me like a regular portion of 3 pancakes with cream cheese icing for only $5. The pancakes alone are worth the visit and I tend not to be a fan of pancakes.

The menu was big and there were a lot of options for a vegetarian, so I will definitely be back to try something different.

1  Thank hkrstd
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We live in the neighbourhood and visit Good Fork fairly regularly. It is a nice place to eat out with our kids and the food is always delicious. On our first visit my husband's burger was raw. The cook said that's how it was meant to be served but after some insistence he agreed to make a new one. Since then we've have no issues with our meals. Everything have eaten there I have enjoyed.

The owner is lovely and chats with the customers. I would suggest that he take some time to hire and train better servers. At each visit, the service has been slow and lacklustre, at times unfriendly. We were given some attitude when ordering kids meals for the kids and an appetizer for myself (the kids don't often finish their meals and an appetizer is usually enough for me.)

Considering the location of the restaurant, in a bustling family neighborhood, I would assume that repeat business is critical to the success of a local restaurant. It would behoove the Good Fork to ensure that its service standards match its menu.

1  Thank Safarinjemadada
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The food is good, but not good enough to wait an hour for our food (huevos rancheros and two orders of poached eggs with home fries; nothing that takes an hour to prepare). The wait staff wasn't apologetic in the least. They need to reconsider their priorities and not fill up the place if they can't keep up with that number of customers.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

One of our faves, it's a two floor restaurant. The Good Fork is run by brothers Ali & Tolga. The Staff is friendly and efficient. Don't go if you're in a hurry, great food takes time to prepare! Brunch is always awesome but again the service is slow b/c it's busy on the weekends. It's definitely worth the wait. They often have specials during the week ie. burger & a pint.

We are regular patrons here....