“Foodies on Foot FANTASTIC”
Review of Foodies on Foot

Foodies on Foot
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Foodies on Foot provides Toronto's most creative food tours and food experiences. We are proud to be the recipient of the 2013 Ontario Culinary Tourism Experience Award. We create food related events and tours which unite foodies and food lovers, locals and tourists, over Toronto's ever expanding food scene. Join us for events including culinary crawls, chef series dinners, communal dining, supper clubs, food tours, and more. We also provide customized events and tours for conventions, tour groups, corporate clients, or any private group of 12 of more.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had only just heard about these food tours when I was planning our trip to Italy and we did one there. I loved it. So when my girlfriend invited me to a Girls Weekend in Toronto she had me at "FOOD TOUR". We did the 501 Streetcar tour with Foodies on Foot. It was fantastic. Such great variety and experiences. It's not just about the food its the history/culture of the neighbourhood too. I can't wait to take some of their other tours. Steven was a great guide!

1  Thank Terry-Lynn S
StevenHellman, Owner at Foodies on Foot, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. If was fantastic meeting you and taking your group around on the tour. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

All reviews
"barbecue sandwich"
"second stop"
"graffiti alley"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour to anyone"
"love food"
"blast"
in 8 reviews
"communities"

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This past weekend myself and 5 of my girlfriends took part in the 501 Streetcar Food Tour. One word AMAZING!! Last year myself and another friend attended and we loved it so much we got more friends to come along this year. Some of the group live in Toronto, most from out of town. All were pleased with the amount of food, variety of food/location and the absolutely unbelieveable amount of knowledge of Steven, our guide and Co-founder of Footies on Foot. He is very well versed about all things foodie in Toronto. The tour lasts about 4 1/2 hours and you definitely come away full (nicely not too stuffed). We ate 'just enough' at each of the 6 locations we stopped at. We will definitely be coming back again next year and at other times during the year. A great way to spend a weekend afternoon!!

1  Thank katof5

I appreciate you taking the time to post such a beautiful review. We are so happy to hear when both locals and those from outside the city come together and enjoy the tour. We try to make it so that everyone has something to discover and when we hear that it succeeds, it makes us so happy. Thanks again for taking the time to post the review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

My sister and I brought our daughters on the tour. We all had an amazing time - very "lay-back" and informative. Our tour guide, Steven, was such a down to earth guy - super easy-going and friendly. It was like he was telling a story in each neighbourhood we visited. The food venues we visited were great - we probably would never have stopped at them on our own. By the end of tour, we couldn't fit another bite in - all of the stops were very tasty. Most of us had never been on a streetcar before, so that was a different experience. It gave us some time to chat and see the city in a relaxed fashion. We had no problem making conversation with anyone who was in our close vicinity - met some interesting people! We would highly recommend this tour to anyone who likes to try new things and experience the multi-cultural neighbourhoods in the city. Thanks for a great day!

1  Thank Karen1171
stevenhellmann, Owner at Foodies on Foot, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the glowing review. You were such an amazing group. I had a blast riding across the city with you, chatting, and feeding you along the way. Awesome pic of your group at the Glory Hole (Doughnuts). Yum! I cannot wait to see you all again the next time you come into the city.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We booked the Foodies trip as a fun activity to do while in Toronto for the weekend. It turned out to be the highlight of the weekend! The best part was that we got to visit and sample foods at places that we would have never even known about on our own. The experience was delightful, the food was great and varied, and the host was very knowledgeable about Toronto. I cannot wait to return for a different tour. In fact, I would come back to Toronto just to take the tour.

1  Thank drwalt

Whoot whoot...highlight of the weekend...we blush!! Thank you so much for the beautiful review and taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad you had a great time on the tour and cannot wait to feed you again the next time you come to Toronto. We have just added some amazing new locations to our tours as we keep eating our way around Toronto. Yum yum!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had a fantastic time on this tour. Having been to Toronto a few times before, I was looking for a different way to explore the city. What better way to do that than by hopping on-and-off the 501 street car, sampling the wide range of food that the city has on offer. Steven was an excellent tour guide, massively knowledgeable, very friendly and above all, a food lover. The tour did not disappoint and neither did the food. I have recommended it to my friends that live in the city and those that intend to visit.

1  Thank jezchang

Thank you so much for choosing to come on our tour to explore and eat your way through the city. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with everyone on Tripadvisor, and, am so happy to hear to you enjoyed the tour. We thank you for recommending the tour and would definitely love to see you again the next time you are in Toronto!