“Overpriced, horrible food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 21, 2010

From all the awards adorning the front door, I thought this Mexican place would be a sure thing. I was horribly wrong. The food was WAY overpriced, the margaritas were weak, the rice was old and hard, the beans were from last week, the enchallidas were obviously frozen, and the nachos were a pitiful disgrace.

I'm not a picky eater by any means - but I hardly could stomach this food. Stay far, far away from this place.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

I have always considered myself to be an 'easy-to-please' customer, having never had a negative experience dining out in thirty years but Hernado's Hideaway left me feeling as though I had been mugged. The staff is welcoming enough but the menu is filled with overpriced, bland, stale, overcooked, watery, items. This is the first time I've left a restraurant saying "never again." I would have felt more satisfied if I had just ripped up $70 and threw it in the trash rather than support this shame of an establishment.

Stay away. Far, far, away.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

Overpriced for sure. Two taco plates, one margarita, $49. Very average food, atmosphere was just average too. Margarita came in a tall glass with ice cubes...I don't know, I guess we were expecting a lot more. We love Mexican cuisine...this just wasn't it. Sorry.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Not a great restaurant, but fair quality food with very friendly and helpful service. Close to everything in downtown Toronto. If you like Tex-Mex downtown Toronto, not a bad choice.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

If you get the urge to eat Mexican food in Toronto, avoid this place until you've sampled other fare. My girlfriend and I wanted some margaritas and some casual Mexican dining, so this place caught our eye while strolling from our hotel. Bottom line: the margaritas were beyond weak and you could get the same level of taste from any Taco Bell, but you'll pay a whole heck of a lot less.