“Amazing food”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The food at this restaurant is outstanding - we live nearby and have been several times. My boyfriend loves the pulled pork sandwich while I go for the chipotle chicken panini sandwich (amazing!). Usually we like to switch up what we order at restaurants, but at Stack we find we cannot because we are so in love with our favourites. I highly recommend you try some of the sides at Stack. My boyfriend loves the coleslaw while I love the french fries (fresh cut) and the sweet potato fries. Once you have tried the fries, there is no way you can go healthy and go for a salad. Stack makes their own donuts so if you have room after your meal (unlikely!), try them out. There is a patio in the summer, which is nice if you feel like staying a while and trying some of their cocktails (I recommend the mojito).

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I tried Stack for the first time last night and what a great surprise. I have been a southern bbq fan for 40 years and lamented that real bbq was impossible to find in Toronto. In the last 5 years a number of bbq restaurants have opened in Toronto but until last night none matched what I had eaten in Texas, Oklahoma or Kansas City years ago. Last night the earth moved........I had a brisket sandwich as good as any I have ever had. The portion was fair and the price was good and even the bbq baked beans were authentic.
I cant wait to go back to try their pulled pork and ribs.
If you are a real brisket fan, Barque restaurant in the west end is good but Stack is even better,

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I took a stab at this place from a quick google search in the area, and saw the menu and pricing and gave it a try. I've already been back since the first visit, and have plans to go back again, and people that I've taken there have already taken other people there. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The burgers (natural) were grass fed and delish! The service is slow and there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood so thats just a side note FYI (not bad or good). The fries are a bit overcooked and the mushroom and grilled pepper sides are not worth it or very good but i would return JUST FOR THE MEAT!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went here recently for dinner with a co-worker. Nice atmosphere .. a little retro feel going on. The whole experience was OK ... the service was average at best (attitude, and speed).
It started rough as well given the first two beers we tried to order were "out". Given that, kind of a limited beer selection .. also had the incorrect beer delivered to the table.
Food was good. I ordered the mac and cheese to start, then had the pulled pork ...
For dessert, I had the mini donuts.
Total bill with three beer was $51 ...
Not a bad night, but I probably would not return myself when back in town.

1  Thank d1289