“The best if the best!”

Stack
Ranked #429 of 8,439 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Canadian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: North End
“The best if the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are new to the area but have lived in Toronto to 2.5 years. We've always said, we wont go back to the same restaurant more the twice....we've been here 4 times in 7 wks. Absolutely love the food, staff, atmosphere and prices. The Parmesan fries at this place is what I'd want at my "last supper". Bringing my friends and family for my birthday! Can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sunshine5287

Toronto, Canada
“Mmmmmmm.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have been to STACK several times - consistently awesome in both food and service! Their homemade donuts and adult milkshakes are so good - almost too good! Fish Tacos, Pulled Pork, Smoked Quarter Chicken - everything we have tried has been excellent - including the portion sizes. The atmosphere is was modern yet casual - the view from upstairs balcony area was amazing! Love, love, love! Well done Stack - we will be back!

Thank T. M
“True love at last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have been crazy about spareribs for as long as I can remember, and I've tried out so many restaurants, I've lost count. A friend wanted to try another place, but that one didn't take reservations, it was small, and we had been told lines tended to be long. By chance I came across a mention of Stack. Since it was close to home, we decided to give it a shot. It was wonderful! The service was attentive without being intrusive. The pork back ribs - a half-rack - were fabulous. A generous portion, perfectly smoked, and you can request your preferred sauce (or none at all), and just the right texture. They were not too wet, not too dry, as the smallest bear said, "They are just right". The come with a side of baked beans that exceed all others, and terrific coleslaw, as well as french fries if you really want them (I didn't). Been back twice. One of these days, I may try other features on their menu. Just not yet.

1 Thank drjps
Toronto
“Love this restaurant for variety, taste and flavour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

It was very hard to decide on what to order because everything sounded tasty. We settled on the steak tacos, chicken tacos, and Mac and cheese. Also had a side stack salad. Everything was extremely tasty. Generous portion for the tacos as there were 3 on the plate. We ended up taking some home because we were stuffed. The taco plate was only $10 for 3 tacos! Excellent lunch stop that we will try again. Having the old fashioned donuts to take home because we are too stuffed. Service was very fast and friendly. I may try the platter here next time with an assortment of chicken and meats. Truly a gem in north Toronto.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“SMOKED MEAT AND BURGERS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Unpretentious but modern and upscale, the place has great smoked meat Southern style, something rare in Toronto. The sweet potato fries were great too. the service was courteous and efficient. the only criticism is that they only carry Ontario beers ( yikes!), they are OK bu tnothing remarkable. They need a good Stella or a Sam Adams for those great meat sandwiches, not to mention a Sierra Nevada. I hate it when you go to a place and they make a big deal about "supporting local"...that is fine if the local stuff is good, but in this case, the beers are mediocre...get some real stuff!