“awesome dining experience”
Review of La Carnita

La Carnita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Carnita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto

fantastic drinks
amazing menu
fast service
trendy atmosphere
really great place for friend outings

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place has some of the best Mexican food in the city. The street corn is a must have as are the churros for dessert. The tacos are also great and the ingredients taste very fresh. The only reason this place doesn't get an excellent rating -- the service could be better (it's not bad, just not great).

Reviewed July 24, 2014

After numerous recommendations from family to go here I finally did with my fiancee. The atmosphere was loud and noisy, with an interesting decor...it feels like your in a decrepit basement.

I went early on a Monday at 6:30 so we didn't have to wait, but the restaurant was full. We got prompt service but the server didn't go out of his way or anything.

We started off with the Mexican corn which every single table was eating. It was the best cob of corn I ever ate, no joke...I have had the real thing in Playa del Carmen and this was better. We then had the special oxtail Empanada they had that day and I have been craving it since I finished the last bite. After that we had a variety of the taco's including chicken, tuna, beef, and pork and I would rate them best to worst in that order, although all were good. Just seems pricey to spend $5 on one small taco and it really added up at the end on the bill.

Overall I left here craving more of the food but probably won't go back too soon because of other great restaurants I can go to for the same price.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Being a foodie, I simply love this place. My fav dish there is special Mondays tacos which I think they've changed. And their chiroes are soooo good.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I mean, you really can't go wrong with this spot. I've been to a bunch of the other joints across town and this by far is my favourite. Every ingredient seems so intentional, serving one main purpose, to keep you coming back for more. They've got a different special every day but the must haves are: COD, Beef cheek, short rib empanadas (only on saturdays ), Corn on the cob. Check it out you will be happy that you did. Oh the line up > get there early if you can.