“Good location, value for money, and customer service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn City Centre

Comfort Inn City Centre
Ranked #82 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“Good location, value for money, and customer service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

As part of a trip from England, I decided to visit Toronto for a few days before heading to niagara falls and New York. This hotel provided exactly what I needed. A good location, a decent room, and lovely front desk staff. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

You get more than what you pay for.

I spend $60 for 2 nights. I think it was a very good deal

+ Nice staff
+ Internet (slow but usable)
+ Clean rooms and bathroom
+ Good location
+ Breakfast (more like coffee and pastries)

- No parking
- The slowest elevator I've ever used

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
sudbury
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The only thing pleasent about this hotel was that the rooms were clean...and that it was a few blacks from young street.
Here are a list of things( because I dont know how else to put it) that I did not like about the hotel or had bad experiences with...
1. no parking ...the area where you can pull in to drop off your bags only fits your car and you have to back out as their is only one entrance.
2. Our room was tiny! And located beside the stairs and elevator( which were really loud). When I asked if they had any larger rooms I was rudely told that they were all the same size etc.
3. It took 15 min each time we turned on the taps to get hot water. The internet did not work for 2 days.
4. Horrible customer service!! The front desk staff told us that she didnt care the internet wasnt working...and that we should have waited to see if the hot water would turn on before calling down.
5. after complaining we were given keys (rudely) to a new one...which surprise was wayy bigger then what we had (note we were told they didnt have larger rooms).
6. The hotel was old....slanted floors...small spaces...broken amenities..front door was broken for 2 days.
7. Staff seemed very bothered by even the simplest requests and were not proffessional at all.
I could go on but generally these were the main issues.
I work in a hotel and know how we go above and beyond for our guests despite how it can be unreasonable....this hotel was definately a bad experience.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the staircase ( the doors slam shut)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank katie b

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I usually never book anything at the comfort inn but I needed a cheap hotel room. I didn't even know I 'arrived ' because there is no sign outside to let you know it's the comfort inn. It looks like an office building. The positive is that it's not far from great attractions like the CN tower where I had dinner. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was very nice and clean. The inside doesn't look like a comfort inn more like a soho boutique hotel . The staff was very nice and answered all of my questions I would stay here again if needed. I would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Dvc_puffpuffcheeks
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is a pretty small hotel that opened less than half a year ago so everything in the room was in excellent condition as expected. The room and washroom looked great and better than any other Comfort Inn I've stayed at. Though the room wasn't the most spacious, it made good use of the space. There is a small dining table and kitchenette, with the microwave and mini fridge located under the TV. The closet was extremely small (and hidden) but it was enough for a one night stay. There is also an iron and ironing board. The one issue I had with the room is not exactly an easy fix - the room was very noticeably tilted (higher towards the window) in the room as well as the bathroom. There were times when I lost my balance as a direct result of the tilt. I even used a "level" app and confirmed that I wasn't just imagining things. Another thing to note is that the elevator is very VERY slow. I timed it and it took about 1 minute and 10 seconds to go from the 1st floor to the 4th. The free internet worked flawlessly and connection speed was fast. There was also free continental breakfast but unfortunately I had to check out before the breakfast began.

Everyone I encountered at the front desk was friendly and contributed to my positive experience at the hotel. I had booked my stay using a TeamBuy coupon and I got an excellent rate; for that price, I doubt I can find another downtown hotel for the same value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kckchiu
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had read about it being newly renovated and decided to give it a chance because of its great location downtown and close to the Village. The room was very clean and the two queen size beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is 4 stories high with breakfast (included) in the basement. Elevator is very, very slow. Kathleen at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Tip: don't have them phone for a taxi...just go out on the street and flag one down. We did ask for no maid service, but while we were out, someone was in to change the towels, etc. Small fridge, coffee maker in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cdnlindaloo
Towson, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

They have renovated this hotel, and have done a good job. The rooms are modern and clean. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was only OK - the coffee was good and they had regular oatmeal, thankfully. But they have no parking and the parking that they recommend has to be renewed every 24 hours, which is inconvenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple