“Just average”

Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had great expectations from this place given that it is an awardw winner but found everything average. We did not really like the crust which was too chewy.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

In a neighborhood with a great variety of food options Defina does not stand out for me. The pizza dough was good but the predefined options didn't seem to have pizazz. On a more positive note the staff are very inviting and friendly especially the bar staff.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Hi, I was at Defina's last week, they're doing alot more then pizza! That week was beer week, this is where beer reps were giving out samples and the restaurant was matching the pizza/ pasta / or appetizer with the beer. This idea I found to be very fun and informative. The pizza I ate was the chalua ( chicken, chirizo, garlic, onion, jalapino, tomato sauce and their fomous cheese, fior di latte) the beer that was paired was their hawaian pale ale with pineapple, fantastic! The service was great, everyone was informed and professional. Thanks Defina, I love your pizza and hospitality.
A satisfied customer

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went to Defina for a take out pizza, ordered pizza with the bartender and was told the wait is about 15 minutes. Indeed 15 minutes later a waitress came out and placed a pizza on the bar counter. As it turned out after 15 more minutes the pizza was mine. When I asked the barterned why the pizza was sitting in front of him for 15 minutes without telling me it was ready, he simply replied "oh well". Needless to said - Pizzeria Defina never again.

1  Thank Dima A
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've been regulars there since Defina opened and love it. We were there recently and we noticed that the pizza was dryer than usual. This has now happened a few times...and it's disappointing. I don't know the names of the pizza makers, but one of them is better than the other and he wasn't working last Friday night :)

1  Thank Lmyre