“Super takeaway”

Cuisines: Canadian
Neighborhood: East End
Neighborhood: East End
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Leslieville Pumps offers great barbecue sandwiches - pulled pork, braised beef, chicken, etc. - with delicious sides, like corn fritters and fries. Portions are generous and very reasonably priced. Definitely worth it, especially after a long workday when you just want to order ahead and pick something up on the way home.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I first stumbled across The Leslieville Pumps when I was on my way home late at night. I hadn't had a proper meal and I was starving for some hearty food. I was almost considering ordering in a whole pizza for myself. But I got off the streetcar at my stop and figured I'd see if this place had anything that might be nourishment enough for the night before bed.
Little did I know, they have a late night (after 9pm) curry for 10$. I had the butter chicken curry. It was exactly what I was looking for and stumbled upon. Great staff and awesome curry!

Another day I came in during the day and I ordered the deep fried pickles, the baked beans, and the brisket chilli. The chilli was perfectly rich and hearty and the brisket was perfectly braised. Awesome. The deep fried pickles were large and crispy battered. They came with a great spicy dipping sauce too. The baked beans were just what you'd expect but almost with a heartier homestyle flavour. Everything was great, decently priced, and the girl at the service bar was very friendly. :)

The best random find I've come across in a while! Will be back. :)

(Cute vintage decor and a neat seating area too)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Love the fried pickles and the beef brisket. Pretty indulgent grilled cheese also. Super cute vintage Canadian vibes. Only downfall is they stop serving at 9pm. Best for takeout in Leslieville.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Saw this establishment by accident. Outside looks like a western style gas pump com restaurant,corner store. Decor is nice and kitschy, pump inside the store, and retro beverages signs and posters. Tried the pulled pork with crunchy coleslaw-bread was soft, excellent in taste and texture, pork was fine but soaked in barbecue sauce, serving size just right. Tried the fried picked with panko breading, very good but has to be eaten there, while hot. Corn fritters and sauce excellent. Took home a brownie square and carrot muffin, homemade. Staff is nice, friendly and honest when I asked if the other pastries were homemade. WIll try to go back here again to try the corn bread. It's a refreshing sight amongst all modern architecture.

1  Thank conjuror88
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We popped into here as we wandered down Queen East - so cute! Like an old-timey gas station. The staff are fabulous - so friendly and relaxed. I had a coffee and a cornbread muffin. Dear lord, this was tasty - its like they use a chili oil to add some punch. Loved it. There was a huge line-up, even past lunchtime, everyone picking up massive sandwiches, delicious looking pastries. I will go back for sure!