“Unique, quality food. Delicious, trendy and affordable.”

Fabarnak Restaurant & Catering
Ranked #1,996 of 8,771 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The restaurant is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM to 8:30 PM and Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM Saturdays.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had been meaning to try this place for over a year, but I tend to eat out mainly for dinner, and Fabarnak has irregular dinner hours. However, I saw recently on the website they were offering Friday night dinner from 5:30-8:30 so I found my chance.
I wasn't disappointed.
My companion and I were the first people there, which was a good thing as there was a line up by the time we left. The place is small and a very casual atmosphere, with mostly communal-type seating. Very appropriate for a place that touts community and local support.
We ordered the "pig tail" appetizer, the braised beef short rib with mushroom dish, the pork meatball sandwich, and for dessert had a saskatoon berry pie and a chocolate cake with salted caramel buttercreme.
The pig tail appetizer was outstanding, tender and tasty. The pork sandwich was also delicious, if a little bit messy. But the beef dish stole the evening, it was so tender and flavourful that we had to try not to lick the dish clean.
Unfortunately, while the desserts were good, they were not 'outstanding' like the rest of the meal.
Overall, the food was unique, very tasty, of high quality and very reasonably priced. Without drinks we paid 45$ for an appetizer, 2 mains and 2 desserts.
I also hear their lunch is even better...
I will be going back. Very soon.