“Don't Even Think About It!”

Glen Grove Conservatory Tower
Ranked #20 of 101 Specialty Lodging in Toronto
Saint Louis, MO
“Don't Even Think About It!”
Reviewed July 8, 2005

We stayed at the Conservatory Tower location of Glen Grove Suites in Toronto June 30 - July 6. The 2 bedroom condo was roomy and that is all that is good about it.

Upon arrival we had to wait ten minutes for a guard to show up to give us our keys. There were 4 of us but only 2 keys and one passcard (required for access into the building). We asked the guard for more keys he said we'd have to call the help #. When we called they said they only supplied 2 keys but they would try to get more. We checked in on Thursday - on Monday 1 more key and 1 more passkey was delivered.

There is construction right next door to the condo. A sign at check-in warned residents to stop throwing things at construction workers. We were concerned about the calibur of our fellow tenants. We understood there frustration when we were woke up at 7:30 am every day but Sunday by jackhammers right outside the window. On our second night at this location a fire alarm sounded at 3 am and we all had to leave our rooms and walk down stairs (11 flights) to discover there was no fire. On the night before we left there was a power outage - again requiring the walk down 11 flights.

There is parking provided but the space we were given was 6 floors down and we had to exit the car before parking there because it was so tight. The remotes given to open the doors only worked if you were right next to the pad - it was very frustrating using the garage.

The condo provides no paper towels, dish cleaning facilities, laundry soap or anything like this. When I called about my blowdryer not working the help desk said they couldn't get us another one until after the weekend, nor could they authorize reimbursement for me if I chose to buy one. We never did get one.

This neighboorhood is also very shabby. I also visited the Jefferson, another property of Glen Grove - this was in a better location but my friends who were staying there couldn't get wash cloths for two days.

Don't even think about staying here - even though the pictures look nice it is a very shabby property.

Stayed July 2005
10 Thank loislane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 11, 2004

After searching on line I was intrigued by the idea of staying in an Apartment Hotel. I decided on Glengrove based on their detailed web page. I was nervous that it wouldn't live up to my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did it meet my expecations it exceeded them. The minimum 3 nights stay was understandable, after all your in Toronto! We had a great time in the city. We met great people, ate at a French Restaurant, had cocktails on roof tops, and even discovered the peaceful surroundings of the Bluffs & Islands. What a blast, thanks Toronto!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member