“Authentic Italian in a great neighborhood”

Trattoria Taverniti
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Taverniti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 8,772 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: College St & Clinton St
Description: Trattoria Taverniti serves authentic and homemade Italian cuisine in the heart of Toronto’s Little Italy. A true trattoria, this cozy little restaurant, features Rosina Taverniti's family recipes. Come try our house specialties: Gnocchi Venezia, Meat Lasagna, or Our Calabrese Pizza!
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This confirmed my view that Toronto has a great food scene happening. It has been awhile since I visited Toronto and the great variety of quality food we experienced was wonderful. We brought the whole family of 16 here for a birthday celebration and were happy we chose this place. We started out the meal with several orders of Carpaccio di Manzo, Salumi, Brushetta and Tre Colori- which is a mix of cheeses, meat and fruit. We shared many different dinners and you can most certainly tell grandma still comes in to cook the pasta sauce everyday. You have to try the many layered lasagna, a hands down favorite. We weren't rushed and every dish was cooked to order. A couple other favorites were the Agnoletti ai Funghi, the eggplant dish and the shrimp diavala, The chef came out to talk to us and explained the dishes. Try bottles of the house italian-a very respectable Italian red that went with everything. We came back another night to take pizza home- great selection and wonderful crust.

1  Thank 180michaelm

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have been living in the neighborhood of Little Italy for years, and I have enjoyed my fair share of Italian meals, but Trattoria Taverniti was by far one of the best meals I've had on college street. The atmosphere is fantastic (cute and cozy), the food was superb (we ordered the arancini, calabrese pizza and Pollo alla Milanese) and the service was both friendly and quick. I will definitely be back for another visit - would 100% recommend to locals and visitors of Toronto!!

1  Thank julleps_and_jambon
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I recently enjoyed dinner at Taverniti and was not disappointed. The food was delicious, fresh, and hot. The hand made pastas were a real treat in a world of processed and premade food even at 'better' restaurants. The pizza was genuine Italian style with a braid range of options. The gluten free pasta was very tasty and the menu has a lot of variety for discerning or selective eaters of Italian food.
Small criticisms and something's easily resolved- servers took too long to get to the table with water, had to ask for lemon and servers were unable to answer questions about standard ingredients. Wait staff needs to know this. Getting to know the products of a business is really critical. Lastly- wine selection OK. Would have liked a litre option of some decent house wine in keeping with the authentic family feeling. An 11.00 price for a glass of wine that costs < $12.00 is tacky.
Would also suggest having more specials and serve salad with them.
Thanks and good eating!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I went to this restaurant solely on it's rating and reviews on tripadvisor and have to say i was extremely disappointed, even my 12 year old who LOVES italian was as disappointed as the adults, the service was horrible, the two girls working there looked miserable. They took forever to take our order, my meal wasn't correct and they made no attempt to fix it, my daughter gnocchi were all stuck together and when she pulled them apart they were doughy. I have never felt more ripped off at a restaurant as I did last night, $100.00 straight down the drain. I will NEVER ever return to this restaurant or recommend it. I clearly must not have been at the right place as the people who wrote the most recent reviews. I am italian and this by far is a disgrace to our culture.

5  Thank luv_2_travel_0169
Reviewed July 12, 2014

My wife and I were visiting from Cleveland. We were undecided where to go when walking down College Street and saw Trattoria Taverniti. Dominic Taverniti made us feel like part of his family instantaneously. The food and service were outstanding. The atmosphere was very personable which adds to the authentic taste and feel of the food and restaurant. We are looking forward to our next vista to Toronto to eat Calabrese style pizza with Dominic and his staff. Amazing meal and experience, I highly recommend it. Thanks again!

Mike