“Our Perfect mini getaway in the heart of Toronto next to the Cannon Theatre and Massey Hall”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #55 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is the third time that my wife and I have stayed at the Pantages Suites Hotel and we trul enjoy our stay. Whenever we book a theatre or musical show at the Canon Theatre or Massey Hall which are less than a one minute walk, we usually book through TRAVELZOO for a great deal. With FRAN's right in tesame building, you do not need to go out of the hotel if you choose. Rooms are clean and modern and sleep is very quiet.
Right across the street from the Eaton Centre.
Valet parking is fast and easy but at $34 bucks + taxes not cheap.
TIP: There is a new parking lot at teh hospital which opened up which may be a less expensive option for parking which we will try next time that we go.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
mschwass, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

dear barb steve

Thank you for sharing your positive experience while at the Pantages Hotel Toronto. As you note we are blessed with a great location, near the theatres and Eaton Center.

I hope to see you return in the near future

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed January 7, 2011

We stayed for one night in November and found the Pantages to be very clean, modern and conviniently located. The valet parking and check in is quick and efficient. Some of the flooring in our room was damaged, but did not negatively impact our stay. If your eyesight is poor be advised the lobby and hallways are very dark.
If you are going for a show at the canon or massey hall (or really like frans diner) this is a great option to stay at.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear mb1980

Thank you for taking time the time to share your experiences with trip advisor about your stay.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your return visit during your next trip to Toronto!

mark schwass

Reviewed January 3, 2011

The service here was terrible, especially the manager of the "in house department" who gave me the run around for 2 days on our booking before finally saying the room was unavailable unless we paid an exhorbitant rate. He screamed of attitude and was so terrible he should be fired.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank yourpookie
Reviewed November 29, 2010

A nice, chic, very MODERN hotel in the heart of downtown- Yonge and Dundas, steps away from the Eaton Centre. Its pretty small, I'm used to walking into large lobbys and this one struck me as pretty tight. The hotel bar/lounge was very busy and happening on a Saturday night and seemed like a hot spot. The rooms were nice, I noticed some of the art on the walls (mounted on wood-not framed) were tearing at the corners, which I thought looked a bit cheap.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
mschwass, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2010

Dear tdot_to_van0924

thank you for your comments about your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel and Spa. I was pleased you enjoyed your stay. I did note your comments with respect to the art work in the room, we are currently underway with installation of new art work in all of our rooms.

I appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 26, 2010

The Pantages in conveniently located in downtown Toronto. It's hip but not snotty, and clean and comfortable, making it a top choice. Most (maybe all?) rooms have a washer/dryer unit and a full kitchen, which makes one's stay even more comfortable.

There's a nice martini bar in the lobby and Fran's, a 24 hour diner is next door. Perfect!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear tobeginwith:

thank you for your feedback and commentary. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to having you return during your next trip to Toronto.

Have a great day

Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the first time last weekend. The location was perfect for shopping at the Eaton center as well as close to many restaurants! When I walked in, I was pleased by the size of the room, standard room had a fridge, microwave, stove...washer/dryer. It's got a really modern feel, I would have liked better lighting, but that is a minor detail. For people who really like fans, I couldn't seem to find any AC/Heat/Fan control...but it may be there, we didn't ask! I would return with or without my kids! It was really convenient.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
mschwass, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Dear summer281:

thank you for your recent comments about your stay at the Pantages Suites Hotel and Spa.

Our location, as you mentioned is outstanding, Eaton Center, shops and theatres all within a short walk from the hotel.

The room layouts you mentioned also provide our guests with ample space to relax.

I look forward to your return and I truly appreciate your patronage.

Mark Schwass

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night while we were in town to see Billy Connolly at Massey Hall. It is a great location for Massey Hall, the Canon Theater and the Eatons Centre. There are many good restaurants in the area.

Our deluxe queen suite was a corner room on the 15th floor. It was a good size and came with a kitchen which is very convenient for cold drinks, but the fridge is noisy when trying to sleep. The queen bed was comfortable and there were lots of pillows. We had a rate of $175 plus 16% tax.

We thought parking was a bit expensive at $32 plus tax ($4) plus tip ($10), though they did allow us to stay parked after check out so we could do some shopping. They also stored our luggage for a few hours. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

There is no pool and the lobby is quite small.

I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
mschwass, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2010

Dear PCBailey:

Thank you for your recent review posted on November 8, 2010.

Your efforts to convey your experiences during your stay with us at the Pantages Hotel and Spa are greatly appreciated. It is our goal to exceed each of our guest's expectations. It appears that we met that challenge during your stay in Toronto.

I look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit to Toronto.

Mark Schwass