Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,031 results
All reviewsmassey hallmartini bareaton centrewasher and dryerfran's restaurantfront deskmichael's hospitalfull kitchened mirvish theatrestove topdeluxe suitecontinental breakfastyonge streetthe heart of the cityvalet parkingfantastic locationbig city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2007

I always utilize tripadvisor when staying at a new hotel. I had mixed feelings about this hotel but chose to give it a chance anyway...Wow was I surprised. The short of it is that the hotel is great, the service is great, and the bar is great. I truly believe that people who go into a hotel with a negative attitude will come out with a negative attitude. First, if you stay in downtown Toronto, you will hear an ambulance or helicopter from time to time (we never did hear a helicopter). Even though the hotel is within one block of the hospital, the noises were no different then when we stay at any other hotel in Toronto (we travel to Toronto many times a year and have stayed at a lot of hotels). Also, the floors may not be real hardwoods but could you imagine the maintenance involved with real hardwood in a hotel ... Laminate floors are just as nice. And lastly, the one common comment was that the service was horrible and that is simply not true. We walked into the hotel and were greeted by very nice,welcoming people. They asked for the reason for our stay and we told them that we were celebrating our one year anniversary a little early. She immediately handed me two cards for free drinks in the Martini Bar (YUMMY)! Then we got to our room and it was spotless. There was a small leak in the sink and they immediately fixed it. They even offered to change our room for the inconvenience but we declined because our room was fine. So in the end, it is a very nice place to stay in downtown for the price, the service is excellent, the Martini Bar is open normal hours, the proximity is perfect, and it is worth a try!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank karma318
Reviewed April 29, 2007

I was impressed. The rooms were a exact replica of the picture online. The staff was great and helpful. The location was superb. I have yet to see a hotel that was perfect. Just because you had a bad day, doesn't mean that you should deter people from experiencing a quality establishment. I think they put a lot of thought and care into the design and operation of the hotel. The spa was great. I even saw a celeb there! Sometimes I waited on hold a while before I was able to speak with a spa employee but the treatment was so worth it. I highly recommend checking this place out.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank msmorrisdet
Reviewed April 22, 2007

I've stayed at the hotel a few times now and it has always been ok. I usually don't bother looking for anywhere else to stay because of the location (practically the only thing that is going for this hotel). This was and will be the last time I stay at this hotel for good reason.

1. The doormen are usually very nice and helpful, but this last time I came for a later than usual check-in. The desk clerks were more than happy to assist me and were very friendly but you could just tell they didn't have the resources to help their guests. It appears the management decided that they would rather put their money in this ugly mesh netting that separates the bar from the entrance way than to hiring enough staff to accomodate this overly high-priced hotel.

2. The bar layout was ok before, but this time it looked like they hired some 10 year-old to move the furniture around... it looked like a garage sale. I could barely tell where the bar started and the hotel ended. As my title suggests this was the trend of things to come.

3. The room was medicore at best, clean and accomodating but on my way upstairs I ran into a older woman with a yappy dog who decided it was ok to bark at my briefcase.

4. I thought that I would head downstairs to the bar and was met by the most pretentious bartenders in the world. This blonde bartender whome I will not name was less than customer service oriented and was more concerned with talking about guests behind their back and feeling it was ok to talk down to the customers. He never once said a word to me while serving me! Talk about stone cold "I'm better than you" attitude.

5. I couldn't take this wanna-be high end hotel for more than one night and just had to pack my stuff and leave. Thank goodness that I found better hotel service and a more comfortable room right down the street (AT 1/3 the cost mind you!)

If you ask me about Pantages... it appears the staff are well trained (except the blonde one behind the bar, if you see him go down the street to the Senator, it's cheaper and better). The management however have no idea how to run a hotel. It appears that in the recent months they've found a way to make the hotel look cheap, feel cheap, but cost way too much. I'd rather sleep on the streets, at least I won't have dogs barking and bartenders staring me down.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank Caethan
Reviewed April 12, 2007

This place is not what it's cracked up to be. The photos were nice but the real deal was a real mess. The first thing I noticed is that there were a lot of staff (4-5 doormen, 3 clerks) for such a small area, and they appeared to do nothing but stand around and plaster grins on their faces. For some reason the doormen made me feel like I was going to get bounced out of a high-end Miami club, which was strange because I only saw 5 guests during my 3-day stay. They stood around like secret service agents or "Men in Black", very unsettling. The front desk staff (only 3 of the 5 -6 that I came in contact with) were as fake and manufactured as dollar store flowers.

On to the room, which was nice. Chock full of incidentals that could blow your wad. The sky line was blocked by toddler hand prints and lots of other smudges. The gym, or mirrored closet, had not been cleaned for the three days I was there; including a waste basket overflowing with water cups and magazine pullouts on the floor.

The best thing about the hotel was the proximity to Eaton Center which is around the corner. Overall the hotel tries too hard and falls short in the process.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank ae2989
Reviewed March 26, 2007

This hotel is close to everything,
the best theaters(canon theater) the best mall(Eaton center)
the staff are nice and spa refreshing and the rooms are large and equipped with
every thing you need.

if you are visiting Toronto this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TakenLondon