“SIMPLY SUPERB”

Ranked #50 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
MONTREAL
“SIMPLY SUPERB”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

The Pantages Hotel staff went above and beyond each time to meet our needs. They are extremely pleasant, courteous, knowledgeable and professional . The staff made us feel right at home. No detail was overlooked in ensuring our event was a success.

The hotel is conveniently located one block from the Eaton Centre and Younge/Dundas Square. You could not ask for a more convenient location, close to transit and within walking distance to most attractions downtown.

The Lobby Martini Bar is exceptional. Located adjacent to the main lobby, the atmosphere is inviting modern and chic.

The conference rooms are equipped to exceed your business needs . The guest bedrooms are comfortable, spacious and equipped with a mini kitchen and a washer and dryer.

Thanks a million for taking excellent care of us. G

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank YULNYC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Hubby and I went to a concert at Massey Hall and stayed here which is right around the corner. Great location in downtown Toronto!! Upon entering the lobby there was this really funky groovy feel to it and we liked it immediately. Check in was amazingly quick and the staff are very courteous and friendly. We were given a key to the mini bar which we did not touch as I have fallen into that trap before. The elevator will not move if you don't have your key card to swipe which is a nice feature however, it took a few seconds to figure this out. Our room was on the eleventh floor so we had a nice view of the city. It was a huge room with a king bed and windows that you could open. Smallish bathroom with basic amenities but nice soft towels. And the bed was very comfy. (We had just returned from a 5 star resort in Mexico so I am trying to be objective here)
Our room had a FULL kitchen. There were a lot of goodies piled on the shelf in our room and I don't know if I reserved a room with all of this but that is what we got. Even a washer and dryer!! Didn't want it and probably paid for it.
There was construction going on outside the building with workers hammering, trucks backing and beeping, etc. We were way above the construction but could hear it very well. I just put in my earplugs and closed the window. I mentioned it to the desk clerk in the morning when we were checking out and he was apologetic and stated that he did not know that they worked on a Saturday and that we could have been given another room if we had requested.
There is this nice little Martini Bar in the lobby and we tried to get a seat but it was full to capacity. This was just a quick little visit and we liked the hotel. We would probably stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sandytoez
MByrnes99
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed here for two nights, March 6 & 7. In our room there was no hot water, the toilet seat would not stay in the up position, there was only one coffee mug, one set of towels and there were no electrical outlets near the desk. All there was was an overstuffed extension cord. To plug in my computer, I had to push the heavy TV dresser away from the wall to get access to the electrical outlet behind it. We complained and got a free upgrade for the second night, but that room was not ready until 6:00 p.m. on the second day. This hotel was not dirty, per se, but it wasn't the cleanest and certainly not what I was expecting for the money. A far better choice would have been to stay at Le Germain, which is another boutique hotel in the same class. Although not as centrally located, it is still "downtown" and that it where I will be going next time. It is much cleaner and friendlier and very well maintained - unlike Pantages. We have stayed at Pantages before and it was better. But it has very much deteriorated quality-wise since my first stay a couple of years ago. We will not return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MByrnes99
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2010

This hotel surprised me , when I did booking for valentines to surprise my girlfriend I didn't go with the romantic package that they had on the website because I couldn't afford it and later on the way to the hotel I started regretting that. fortunately i didn't have to because she was so happy and impressed , we arrived to the hotel and it was so busy and kinda glamourous as my girlfriend put it, we walked in and there was red rose petals all the way to front desk with roses and candles that was romantic enough. I was immediately relived and didn't feel bad for not going with the package , although we had to wait for our room but that made total sense since the place was booming with people going in and out.
So we checked in the front desk by a nice lady got to the room and decided to order room service but no one answered then tried operator but same thing , figured they were really busy until I went down again and I was told that room service starts later in the evening.
anyway my girlfriend was so happy and she loved the room and since the weather bad we decided to go to the spa but they couldn't take us in for anything as they were booked all day and that was another disappointment.
luckily the location is amazing and we were able to walk to a nice italian restaurant by the end of the street.we came back around 7 and I was still feeling bad for not getting that package since everything in the city was fully booked but we had another surprise waiting for us .... they had small soft bag with a "LOVE" stone in it on our pillows with a chocolate dipped strawberries and a rose  , ive been to hotels before but that is one special turn down service we got !
my girlfriend thought I had something to do with it and YES I took the credit......hahah

it was a nice experience over all , i would recommend this hotel for special occasions especially if your stuck in the city and cant get somewhere different.

staff is nice and cleaning crew super nice they treated us as if we were on our honeymoon.
As for food or spa we didnt get a chance to try it.
rooms are not luxurious as advertised but definitely spacious, well equipped and clean.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We checked in to this Spa Resort Hotel on 12/29/2009 11:30 pm and we were misled into believing that we would be soaking our road tired bones in a Whirlpool made for two, what a fairy tale we were told. This is a nice hotel in a prime location (2 star property) but no way is this hotel anything more, the martini bar is small about the size of a small two car garage and the diner is just that, a very busy family style diner. There is nothing fancy about this place and there are no Spa tubs or swimming pools anywhere to be found. The guest floors were dark, I mean so dark that we couldn't see the room numbers on the doors, this was scary. This hotel caters a 21 to 35 year old crowd as we went up and down on the elevator, the first time for our whirlpool suite that wasn't and then a second time for our free upgrade. We noticed a lot of young faces and my wife and I are in our 50's. Long story short we paid a $75.00 on the spot cancellation fee and drove an hour and a half to the Marriott Fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls and yes they had our 2 person whirlpool spa tub waiting in a premium suite with a bedroom view of the falls all for about $175.00 plus tax, about the same as Pantages.

The staff was friendly but we were not happy when the described amenities given to us when the reservation was made were not even an option at this hotel. The shower/tub that is available is a small one-person two-jet tub not a two person oversized jacuzzi as the reservation agent said they had. After driving for more than 12 hours to get to the hotel, we were very tired and annoyed to find we were misled by the reservation agent.

This hotel is a last resort choice.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skydancer_2003
UK
Reviewed December 13, 2009

This was our first trip to Toronto and we weren't disappointed. The Pantages is right in the heart of it all - just a few blocks from Dundas Square, and around the corner from the Eaton Centre, City Hall, and the winter ice rink at the Cavalcade of Lights.

The hotel staff are great - very pleasant and courteous. Inside it is lit with ambience in blacks and neon colours - quite an experience. There is a wonderful martini bar in the hotel with martinis for $5 before 6pm - sadly though, the bar was booked out for private parties for all but one of the nights we were staying there.

The rooms are lovely - hard wood floors, and top range fictures and fittings. The kitchen area was first class and very useful. Our room overlooked Yonge Road so we had a nice view.

I really recommend this hotel!

The only annoying thing was that when they took my credit card for incidentals on arrival, they pre authorised $150 which I thought was extensive. It took 5 days from checking out before the money was returned to my card.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed November 29, 2009

Just come back from a 3 night whistle stop tour of Toronto City. I'll start first with the hotel. Would I recommend it to friends and family? Yes definately for the right price. I booked through expedia and paid £89 a night. The hotel was clean and my room was confortable and spacious. I was on the 12th floor and had a room facing lively Younge Street which was a bonus.

Location - Location wise, the hotel is situated behind Younge Street and a 3-4 minute walk to Eaton Mall for those wishing to shop till they drop. Therefore location wise, it was ideal.

Check-In - Professional and seconds rather than minutes. Full marks.

Room - The room was spacious and clean. However some of the fixtures and fittings did look a bit tired. If I am honest I was expecting the quality to be a bit better. As with most websites, the pictures interpreate a better feel and quality than there usually is. The bathroom was nothing special and can be compared to any standard hotel room. There were plenty of room for luggage and clothes therefore no problems there. The mini kitchen was excellent and I was a solo traveller and could spend a little less money on takeaways. Just be aware of the stocked food. There will be a hidden price list some where and they are not freebies!

Bed - The most important thing....Again ticked the boxes as being very confomfortable.

Air Con - The room had a self- control unit which worked well.

Hotel Feel - The hotel is trying to be an "urban chick" ultra modern. The foyers and sitting area is small but definately modern. The corridors and lifts have purple and lime lighting, which to be honest there is no need for it. I can see what they are trying to do with the hotel, however in truth, it is another appartment style hotel in a tourist City spot. If all the fixtures felt new and cutting edge, then possibly I could see the reason, but their not.

Issue - No issues really, appart that the rooms do NOT have a safety deposit box, which I would expect in a 4* property. There are ones near the reception area that were kept in a unused staff room type. I used one and had no problems, but just to make you aware. Also they advertise a 27" Flat TV. The TV I had was a standard 27" kept in a closet type.

Other: Didn't try the spa therefore can't comment. Also the room service is VERY expensive and beyond realism really.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo