“I Would Recommend This Hotel & Spa”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #54 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed April 24, 2006

Stayed easter weekend 2006. Great location in Toronto. The hotel has a nice atmosphere. The hotel staff is very helpful & accommodating. The room & hotel in general was neat & clean. The room has just about anything you could need during your stay (especially if staying in the city for a few days). There were no issues with noise from the hospital neaby nor the city street. The spa is very nice & the staff is very friendly & helpful. I am actually going back this weekend. The hotel is priced accordingly for what is offered. I give it a thumbs up!

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank G-GIRL3670
Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

rio de janerio brazil
Reviewed March 28, 2006

I travel to Toronto alot and always use this hotel. It is convenient to my office, but I am always impressed the friendly and professional staff, nice rooms and good food. The restaurant always has plenty of fresh fruit and a great selection for breakfast.
the close vicinity to the town center and to most of the Toronto attractions, like the theaters the mall the P.A.T.H, the underground train and to business centers make it a good starting point to all visitors
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2006

The service is great the spa is fantastic and the location is the best money can buy!

next time im in toronto Pantages is the place ill be.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orange County, CA
Reviewed March 7, 2006

I have traveled for business quite often and have not stayed at a hotel anything like it. I am quite a hotel snob and really picky with the cleanliness of hotel rooms. The entrance of the hotel/lobby is not that big but very trendy and inviting. When I got to my hotel room (deluxe suite), I was so impressed with everything! I loved the wood floors, the ultra-metro furniture and bed and the bathroom was very clean!! I am so picky with the details of hotels I stay at, however this hotel made me feel right at home. The bed had quality white linens, fluffy white pillows and was very comfortable to sleep in. I usually have a hard time sleeping in hotels by myself but this one I had no problem. The location of the hotel is also GREAT. I am right on Yonge street, which is the main street in Downtown Toronto. It is across the street from Eaton Centre which is famous mall in Downtown Toronto. It is also near Toronto's underground subway which I took to work in the morning and that was an experience itself. This hotel has made my stay at Toronto a very pleasant one. I absolutely loved my stay here and want to come here everytime I stay in Toronto.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2006

The Pantages is a new hotel that is really close to the Eaton Center. The Eaton Center is ‘the shopping mall’ in downtown connected to the PATH system linking office buildings underground. It lies between 2 subway stops: Dundas and Queen.

There was a lot said about the hotel service in previous reviews. I think to be fair, the staff performance were satisfactory or good during my stay, for Canadian standards. There is of course room for improvement with regards to customer service there, which often involves a lot of fine tuning and proper training of staff.

Security is important. The staff checked whether I was hotel guest whilst I was using the free internet in the lobby. Hotel floors can only be accessed after inserting the hotel room card in the lift, which did not work in the last 2 days of stay. The surrounding streets and the hotel, being right across from Massey Hall and St. Michael’s Hospital, are well lit; although downtown has a lot of people on the streets still. Toronto is relatively very safe compared to other North American cities.

Check-in was quick and smooth; the lobby was hip with seating on both sides of the fireplace. Serenity suites (without the kitchen appliances) were on the 5th floor, closer to the spa I guess. I had 1416, probably quieter the higher up. The regular suites are very well equipped except there was no safe: magazines, daily newspaper, hairdryer, well stocked fridge, microwave, dishwasher, different dishes/bowls, glasses, wineglasses, linen, sink, faux granite kitchen counter with stove, coffee/tea maker, washer/dryer, iron/iron board, 2 bar stools, and some fake apples. Storage was ample.

There was for sure enough room to walk around in, with a custom desk/sofa unit close to but not right against the window drapes. The lighting were appropriately positioned. The bed was queen sized, with quality linen and lots of big pillows. The floor was hardwood laminate, but very clean. The suite resembled the build quality in some Toronto Condos. There were some scuff marks on the laminate furniture and walls. But overall, very clean.

Being a downtown hotel, there is bound to be some noise from the streets, namely sirens, which is unavoidable in any big city, no matter how well insulated the windows are. There was the expected fridge noise not too far from the bed. The ‘flatscreen’ (CRT) TV was good sized with all the channels from Rogers Cable. I did try out the in-hotel gym which was quite new and had a view to the east.

Other hotels I have considered: the Courtyard Marriott with the new bed, the Sheraton with the renovated rooms and a nice pool, the new Cosmopolitan, the new 1 King Street, and the Cambridge Suites. I would definitely stay at the Pantages again for the location, and the comfortable room.

Toronto is a destination full of nice people, whether your visit is for business or pleasure. Come to the Pantages for the location and the unique boutique feel- the Canadian way.

12  Thank AvidTravellerHKG
Reviewed January 28, 2006

We arrived at the Pantages hotel on a Friday evening by car. There was no free space to leave our car so we had to double park while we waited about 20 minutes for a valet to come and park our car for us. When we finally checked in, we found our completely filthy. It was covered in dust with bits of debris scattered all over the carpet. The staff was understanding and accomadating at this point and assigned us a new room which was satisfactory. Everything was fine up until the following night when we returned by car to the hotel at around 11:15 pm, and again, there was no valet. This was surprising considering the hotel charges an outrageous 30$ per night for parking. Again, there were cars in the small driveway which left no place to leave the car so while my boyfriend double parked I went inside to talk to the front desk to request someone to come out to park the car. The man at the desk barely loked up and told me the valet goes home at 11 pm. He rudely told me to leave my car where it was and someone would eventually move it. I told him that I was double parked and I was not comfortable leaving the car where it was. He then SNAPPED at me - barking sarcastically "that's why we have a driveway". I couldn't believe how rude it was. When I told him that there were cars occupying all the spaces, he didn't seem to care, and told me to park the car accross the street until someone could come out. This hotel is in a dangerous area of downtown Toronto, and I was not about to leave the car unattended for an undetermined amount of time - he got very annoyed, threw a ticket at me and with a raised voice finally agreed to park my car. He came outside and by this point, there was a free spot in the driveway so my boyfriend had just pulled in. He looked at me and accused me of lying about being double parked!
It took all that I had inside of me to keep calm because my blood was boiling. When my boyfriend asked him if there was a problem, he was equally as rude to him. He threw us a card for the general manager and told us to talk to him if we were unhappy. We certainly plan on doing just that, but I'm not sure it will accomplish anything.
I travel a great deal for business, and I could honestly say that I have never been treated like this at any hotel. Ever. This ruined our stay. I never write in to post reviews on websites like this, but I felt as if customer service like this should never be experienced by anyone. There were other staff who were very friendly and helpful. It is a real shame that the behavior of one person (compounded with the hotel's parking policy) could erase the hard work of the other hard working staff members.

Stayed: January 2006
12  Thank KBG19
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 25, 2005

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Pantages Hotel and enjoyed the location. That is the best part. I agree with a previous review that the fixtures, furniture and amenities in general are poor quality. Wear and tear are noticeable. The worst part of the experience was the quality of the bedding. After a great night out with friends, we were underwhelmed by the hard pillows, heavy comforter and scratchy sheets. I have stayed at many hotels and believe the bed is the most important feature. Not at this hotel. The staff worked hard to meet our needs. I hate to be so negative, but...the key cards did not work most of the time...Did not go to the spa due to the poor quality of the rest of the hotel. Design is nice.

• Stayed: December 2005