“The best - I couldn't ask for more!”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #52 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
A TripAdvisor Member
“The best - I couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed April 25, 2005

Am I in NYC? WOW, What a beautiful hotel, Friendly staff,
Amazing King size bed and cotton linen.

We are new in Toronto, Canada. We came a year ago and after
a very busy year, my husband surprised me with a long weekend at the
Pantages Suites Hotel.
We had several massage treatment done by professional therapists.
The Spa is beautiful.

It was the best weekend in the best hotel I could ask for.
We will definitely going to stay there again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Reviewed April 17, 2005

This hotel looks nice, but that is all it has going for it.

The rooms are small, and are advertised as being tranquil and rejuvenating yet the sound of construction blares on for hours a day. Our room didn't have an iron or ironing board, and the continental breakfast couldn't feed a bird! All in all, this hotel was disapointing.

It was close to Yonge Street, but located on a dark side street near a couple hospitals and home to some scary individuals, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2005

This is anything but a Boutique Hotel. Don't let the glitzy website fool you. The rooms are small, overlook a hospital and certainly don't afford any "tranquility" as their website suggests.

There were never any line-ups and I don't think we saw any other people walking around on our floor that weren't staff which makes me wonder if this place is even busy? It wouldn't surprise me if they weren't.

Avoid the Pantages and stay elsewhere, there are better alternatives very nearby.

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 11, 2005

I loved the Pantages. The staff was very friendly and the general ambiance of the hotel is very nice!!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed April 4, 2005

I recently booked a couples massage at the pantages spa and was rather concerned since I had read some not so positive reviews. We had a wonderful time. The massage treatment was relaxing and the therapists were professional. The fruit platter at the end was a nice touch. We would do it again! We both receive massages on a pretty regular basis and have nothing negative to say about our experience.

Stayed April 2005
4 Thank Canadians-7
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed April 3, 2005

I booked 2 nights in a Serenity room at the Pantages this weekend (on the Serenity floor). This was to be a "getaway" weekend for me and my fiancée. I had read some good reviews on the spa and hotel, and thought- let's give it a try.
It was a terrible experience.
The biggest problem with the Pantages is that they have great ideas, but are unable to implement with class and consistency.
The Serenity Room, which is more expensive that the regular rooms, is not only smaller, but missing most of the "amenities" that are standard in the other rooms.
Our bathroom had 7 lights, 3 of them missing the covers, so the room was turned into a bright, harsh, sterile white room when the lights where on. There was no dimmer. I actually took out some of the light bulbs. Taking a bath in the Jacuzzi tub was not relaxing, unless all lights were off.
The WORST part of the hotel was this- Saturday morning we are awakened at 8:00 a.m. to the sound of hammering. It went on and on and on… Horrible way to wake up. Especially in a room we paid more for and was touted for it quiet atmosphere.
That night we tried to change rooms. The woman at the front desk told us wasn’t sure if there would be construction the next morning, but there might be. We could switch rooms/floors.
I talked to my fiancée about it, and we went back to the front desk to get the new room. The woman was gone, and the man there said, No, we have an emergency going on (flooding), so we can’t move you. I pointed out that the woman said we could and we did NOT want to wake up to construction (not related to the flooding on one floor). He became irritated with me and told me he would call our room if he could do it. No call.
Lo and Behold…7:00 a.m. Sunday the drilling starts!!! I call downstairs- and the front desk says- sorry, it was scheduled!
We packed up immediately to leave.
At the front desk, we said it was unacceptable to have construction going on that affects of all floors, a floor that is all about peace and quiet! Not only that, we were never told upon check-in that this would be happening.
The Director of Finance came out to talk to us- I wanted a refund. She said we had to understand that they had an event on the floor below us the next day, so they had to get it ready. What? I HAVE to understand??? I said, you never gave us the option of not staying on that floor, you never informed us.
She offered the following:
Attempt 1: a discount on another stay or $100 off.
I told her that was a joke.
Attempt 2: 50% off. ONE NIGHT
I told her that was unacceptable
Attempt 3: 50% both nights.
Still not ideal, but I was tired of this at that point.
We left and will not go back. I did not mention to her that we used the hotel for work travelers…I wanted her to do the “right” thing without pulling that out. Well, guess what... by not making the effort to fix the problem and writing off $460, instead of $230, they lost at least $4000 in revenue from future stays with our company.

That said- the Pantages Spa was great.

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank MMMNV
Reviewed March 16, 2005

Well... first off there is a big difference between standard service and friendly service. This place needs needs to focus on the latter; unless you are one of those customers that enjoys hearing "next" when your finished at the front desk.
The rooms are small and are probably the left over rooms that the condo developer could not sell (this is a condo highrise aswell). Like another users wrote, this place is a cheap imitation of a boutique hotel.
Bottom line is... STAY AWAY. If you want friendly service and a half-decent product, I can guarantee that anywhere else would be better.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business