“Valet lost our car keys”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #53 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The valet dropped our car keys down the elevator shaft on our departure - no call while we were still in our room waiting for the car, just when we get to the lobby and should have our car waiting for us. Dealt with horrifically - obviously our arrival at our subsequent meetings was delayed, but the customer service and support from the hotel was almost nonexistant during the entire experience. Room ok, though fridge very noisy when trying to sleep. Hotel location convenient, though coinstruction in the area made getting here difficult. There are certainly other hotels in the area that have much better service.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JoanaKat
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear JoanaKat, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that was caused by the valet attendant dropping your keys down the elevator shaft. I will follow up with my team on how they situation could have be handled differently in regards to demonstrating more empathy. I was happy to hear that the manager on duty looked after your stay due to inconvenience that was caused. I tried contacting you this morning via telephone to discuss your concerns personally. I look forward to speaking with you, as the service you received was not indicative of the service we provide to our guest. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay, and will definitely stay there again in the future!

Location is ideal... dt TO and 2 minute walk to the Eaton Center.

Lobby was beautiful, especially with the changing lights.

New security feature in the elevator - bonus.

My room was on the top floor (17th) and I had a great view. The room was very clean. The room exceeded my expectations I and was very pleased.

I had a fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, washer, dryer, and keurig. There was also a table with wheels that fit over the bed which was nice for breakfast in bed and using a laptop. There was also a docking station for my iphone. There was a large selection of chilled beverages...even 4 different types of water! Too many great features to list!

Spa was nice...went there for a pedicure.

Visit the Martini Bar and order an Island Girl.... the menus were very cool.

ALL the staff were nothing but amazing, friendly, and helpful the entire time!

I will definitely be a repeat customer! I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1704...the top floor....great view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear jeep_girl_00, Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent stay to the Pantages Hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Pantages and that you liked the added security feature and found the rooms very clean. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife & I found this hotel to be fairly luxurious, with a comfortable bed, many amenities, and a helpful staff. It is only about 2 blocks from the subway so we used that to go to Air Canada (getting off at Union Station) for several events.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear musicman1733, Thank you for taking the time to write a great 5star review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. The team takes great pride in making our guests feel at home when visiting the hotel. I will share your comments with the team. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had an Urban suite (room 411). The suite was large and very clean. The floors were wood and had no carpets. The bathroom was large and included a walk-in shower and a jacuzzi bath. The front desk staff were very polite and helpfull. The location is great. One block from Dundas square and the Eaton Center. The wood furniture was a little worn, but presented no problems.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mtrodgers99

Dear mtrodgers, Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel in Toronto. I was pleased to hear that the front desk staff were very polite and helpful, and you found location great. Thank you for bringing your concern about the wood floor to our attention. I look forward to welcoming back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The hotel is located very close to the Eaton Centre and is easy to find.
PROS:
Our boutique suite was HUGE and very spacious
Big living room and kitchen, with a stove, microwave, fridge, dishwasher etc.
Washer and dryer (great for long stays)
Comfy bed
Central location
Friendly staff
Breakfast place adjacent to the hotel (Fran's) is very good

CONS:
Valet parking is very expensive
Gym is ok, but one of the treadmills wasnt working and it's often quite busy
Rooms are a bit tired and dark, although our boutique suite was quite nice, except for the bathroom
No safe in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EKGK

Dear EKGK, We appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent stay to the Pantages Hotel. We are in the process of freshening up the guest’s rooms the board to ensure amazing future experiences for all guests. I am happy to report that the treadmill has been repaired, thank for bringing this to our attention. Thank you for the comment about the friendly staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as part of a work assignment in downtown Toronto and had booked an Urban Suite for my stay. The reasons I chose to stay here were both for location and the boutique style of the hotel.

First off, the location can't be beat! This hotel is situated just steps away from the Eaton Centre and Dundas Square giving you a multitude of options for both dining and shopping. It's also next door to the Ed Mirvish Theatre if you're thinking about catching a show there.

As for the hotel itself, it wasn't what I expected. On first impression it's flashy and chic. You walk into a modern lobby and an adjacent bar/lounge. The front desk staff were great and offered a prompt greeting and check-in. However, once I got off the elevator I could tell this hotel needed some work. The hallways are dark and there was a musty smell on my floor. It also looked like the carpet could use a good cleaning - possibly the source of the musty smell.

When I got to my suite I can't say I was really impressed. I actually felt like I was borrowing someone's apartment and wondered if these were residential units that were simply converted to hotel rooms at some point. The walls in my room were white and bare, the furniture was scratched and worn, and the bathroom was small with dirty outlet covers and a crack in the sink. The TV was also hit and miss as sometimes the sound would just cut out and it would take some fiddling to get it back on. Definitely not what I would consider a warm and inviting stay, but luckily I wasn't staying long.

Despite my experience, I know others who have stayed here and had nicer rooms so maybe this particular suite was just due for an upgrade. If you're going to stay here ask for a room that's had some improvements or reserve a higher category suite which should hopefully be better! I'd come back again, but mainly for the location.

Parking is also valet only.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Crystal C, I appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. I apologise that furniture was scratched and showed signs of being worn. We are in the process of freshening up the guest’s rooms including the furniture across the board to ensure amazing future experiences for all guests. I have addressed your concern regarding the issue with the television. Thank you for the positive comment regarding the front desk staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We've stayed here twice and were happy both times. The hotel is easy to get to, a few blocks from the subway, is centrally located downtown, and you can often find rooms there at a great price.

The rooms are what you would expect from a hip hotel. Lots of white, mirrors, very clean. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet. There's a nice lounge, where you can grab a cocktail, though it's often empty there's always someone available that can get you a drink (you may have to ask the desk staff to get them).

Overall it's a good place to stay if you want to be downtown.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear shawdc, Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel, Toronto. We value each and every guest interaction and comment, as we know that you have a choice when deciding where to stay while in Toronto. We are pleased that you found the Pantages Hotel a great place to stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel on your next visit to Toronto. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager