“Gret mini vacation at The Pantages Hotel”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #53 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto
“Gret mini vacation at The Pantages Hotel”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I decided on a last minute mini-vacation staying at The Pantages Hotel which was net door to teh Mirvish Theatre for a great Wizard of Ox Musical. Hotel has a special rate and in the midddle of some renovations but did not mater, everyone from the parking Valet to Reception was great.
We walked everywhere and my wife also has a facial at the Schitzen Spa.
All in all - a wonderful weekend at a great place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barb-Steve
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent stay to the Pantages Hotel. I have shared your comments with the team. We take great pride in making our guests feel at home when visiting the hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've been coming to the Pantages for 5 or 6 years and the location is convenient. During my last visit, I noticed the quality of the property isn't what it once was. As I entered the hotel and checked in, the elevator was under repair as were two other rooms on my floor. My room specifically felt just ok. The fake wodden floors are showing wear and tear, the shower head won't stay up on it's own...I have to hold it up in order to shower. The rooms are noisy and the air is very, very dry. I did visit the spa on this trip. The treatment was great, the look and feel was a bit awkward and dated. I do like the size of the rooms, the view is decent, and the customer service is great. 6 years ago this felt like a W knock off, today it feels more like a Motel 8.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lax4man
Dear Lax4man, I appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. I apologise that you feel that we didn’t meet your expectations and we commit to improving our standards. I am happy to report that elevators renovation is complete. We are freshening up the guest’s rooms across the board to ensure amazing future experiences for all guests. I have addressed your concern the shower head. Should you decide to give us another opportunity, please contact me directly. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent five nights at The Pantages while on a business trip and had a fabulous experience with the hotel.
The highlights: my room had a washer/dryer (amazing), full kitchen and loads of closet space- perfect for a longer stay. The shower head was HEAVENLY and the green tea amenities were a lovely touch. The large work desk was ideal. I really must say that the location could not be better- close to everything: Yonge and Dundas, Eaton Centre and loads of shopping and restaurants (there is even a Starbucks right across the road).

It is a smaller hotel 85-90 rooms or so and you really feel like a ‘guest’ in this lovely boutiquey hotel. The concierge, named Wond, was incredibly helpful; finding me directions to all of my meetings and sourcing the best means of transportation very quickly and happily. He was genuine and always a pleasure to chat with!

They are refurbishing the lobby to freshen up and I was not once bothered by any construction, I don’t know when completion is scheduled. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Toronto for business or leisure travel- I will most definitely return to The Pantages on my next Toronto visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Miss_Hotels, It is very kind of you to take the time to post such a great review of your stay at the Pantages Hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and found the kitchenette well stocked. I am also thrilled to hear that you found the washer and dryer a useful. We are very proud to have Wond part of our team, he is an example to us all. The Lobby renovations are expected to be completed very April. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip, overall I would say it was a okay experience. The location was brilliant being right next to Eaton shopping centre it was easy to find my partner a gift. Staff were welcoming and polite only thing that let me down was a noisy Neighbour, had me awake at silly hours, also the bed seemed to give me a slight back ache but whether that was due to me missing my own bed I do not know! Will be back in Toronto in July this time on a personal trip, will defo be considering Pantages as an option.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear gd0, I appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the noise from the noisy neighbour. Thank you for the comments about the staff. The team takes great pride in making our guests feel at home when visiting the hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near. Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager
Kitchener, Ontario
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at the Pantages because it looked like a cool boutique hotel in a great location in Toronto. They did not disappoint. The rooms were well done, the bed was very comfortable with high end bedding. The best part was the included (available in a package) breakfast. It was top notch. Fresh fruit, fresh brewed coffee, smoked salmon, granola - and optional ordered items like eggs. The hotel is situated in a very good location, just steps away from the Eaton Centre. The subway is just around the corner.

There are negatives to this hotel, but they may just be personal dislikes. Firstly, I do NOT like paying for Wifi. I assume any hotel should have wifi available free. Is this a Toronto thing? As well, please add HDTV. There is no reason to have to watch stretched analog tv on a widescreen television. The corridors are relatively dingy, and our room backed on a lane way and it was somewhat noisy early in the morning due to garbage pickup. Parking is limited, but we used the valet parking which allows unlimited in/out privileges.

Overall, I liked my stay at the Pantages. I would go back. It was good value for the money.

Room Tip: Thursday is garbage day. If Wednesday night, choose rooms higher up.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Mlelman: Thank you for submitting review of your recent stay at Pantages Hotel. It is always great to get feedback from guests who have enjoyed their stay services available at our hotel. I am happy that you and your wife found the bed comfortable and enjoyed the breakfast. I apologize that you had to watch stretched screen on a widescreen television. We will check the setting on the TV and correct the issue. Thank you for bring this to our attention. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to downtown Toronto. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

While there is nothing wrong with the hotel per se, it's definitely not 4 stars as it appears in Expedia. The room was a converted apartment with old and beaten up furniture. Bed was comfortable. Really nothing inspiring at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear AK111, I appreciate you for taking the time to share a review on Trip Advisor about on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel. I apologize that we didn’t meet your expectations. We are in the process on painting our rooms new and brighter colors, and repairing all the furniture, additionally we are reviewing the lighting our guest rooms. The lobby area is undergoing renovations at the moment and expected to be completed by March 31st. Should you decide to give us another opportunity in later in the year, please contact me directly. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in TO for a weekend for his birthday -we had a blast! Clean, modern, slick urban style. Very friendly at the front desk, and we were surprised by some sexy live piano at the hotel bar, delish martinis, great vibe would def stay there again! Also can't beat the amazing location!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lola C, Thank you for taking the time to post a great review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. I appreciate the positive comments about the front desk and am very happy that you enjoyed the live music and Martinis in the Martini Bar. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel on your next visit to Toronto. Sincerely, Ragnar Pedersen, General Manager