“Very central”

Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #53 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pantages is very centrally located – surrounded by shops, restaurants and theatres. Very easy to walk to CN Tower and the harbour. Room was very comfortable, staff were helpful and friendly. Lawrence Street market which is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel is a great place to visit, plenty of history and character.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bonnifido
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about on your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. We pleased that you were comfortable found the staff friendly. We take great pride in ensuring our guests feel welcome when visting the Pantages Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Pantages in Toronto this past Tuesday evening on business. I was provided a room that when I opened the door was occupied by a couple engaged in sex. When I returned to the front desk to complain, I was told that I was wrong and that the room was empty. After insisting that I was correct, an employee was dispatched to my room and returned to the front desk confirming my own findings. The room was indeed occupied. I was then asked to wait in the lobby while the occupants were evicted and the room was cleaned. I stated that that was not an acceptable solution and was then provided a new room on the forth floor directly located under the fifth floor gym. Needles to say, the noise and vibration of weights being dropped on the ceiling of my room was surprising and poor value given $300+ a night room rate. The decor of the room was cold, the fixtures cheap and there was no clock or phone provided in the bedroom. Out of five stars I would rate this experience as 1/2 a star at best.

Room Tip: Do not stay on forth floor rooms given the fifth floor location of the hotel gym.
6  Thank Chippers22
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We’re sorry to hear that you were mistakenly given an occupied suite. This is extremely uncharacteristic of our hotel because for us privacy and security are our top priority. I can assure you that the occupants of the first suite you were given were in fact registered guests and not evicted. They were merely enjoying themselves in the suite they had reserved with us for that evening. We did rectify the situation immediately upon realizing what had happened. This was an unfortunate system error and not a security issue and we take complete responsibility for this incident. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the alternate suite you were given. We will be sharing your comments with our management team and staff and will contact you directly to resolve the matter shortly.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I booked a one night stay at the Pantages hotel, travelling on a business trip to Toronto. I picked the hotel because it was conveniently close to the Eaton centre and startbuck, both accross the street. I also booked there because it looked new, modern and highclass.
The hotel lobby is very dark and has neons lights everywhere, it felt more like entering a night club. The guy at the desk was a little too flirty and the manager next to him looked like a mob guy. I walked into my room only to realise there was no chain lock to the door, I did not feel safe. The room was not super clean, the paint was peeling off on the walls, the 2 armchairs were very dirty. It did not feel like a luxurious hotel at all, it gave me the impression that this place was more of an bar kinda place. If you're travelling on business (or even on leisure for that matter) this is not the place to be.

2  Thank fansy39
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. We’re sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned to your standards. This uncharacteristic of our housekeeping staff as we take great pride in the cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel as whole. I will be sharing your comments with our staff. We have recently implemented program to paint and touch rooms that have had bit more wear and tear. We are in the finale process of scheduling a refurbishment of our lobby and Martini Bar towards the end of the year.
Please contact me directly, next time you are visiting Toronto and I will arrange for you experience the Pantages Hotel is proud of.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

First, if you're concerned about the location: its an excellent location.

Stayed here for two nights... I travelled on business and tried to take advantage of the Government Room Rate of $175 a night. After double checking the prices on their online booking service, I then found out that they had further discounted rooms that were regularly offered. Buyer beware!

This place DEFINITELY didn't feel like a hotel. It may look like a nice place from the website and main lobby/martini bar, but be prepared for an average looking room with a kitchen built into it. Don't be surprised when you look in the fridge and find that they've stocked it with a small bottle of water for $6 and cans of pop for $4 each.

Hallways looked old and no swimming pool. Spa is way overpriced for the quality of service they provide.

Oh, and did I mention there is no free Wi-Fi here, and that all of the electrical sockets have dollar store extension cords with strange Asian adapters for their "wonderful new tv movie service". The shower was small, and tub looked old and stained...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. The Government rate is a contracted rate at a fixed price. The rate is normally very competitive however when a hotel is running a promotion the rate may be lower on certain days through the week. We are in process of reviewing the mini bar offerings and prices and will be modifying the menu and reducing some of the prices. The adapters for the televisions are temporary until we complete the install of the new TV System this week.
We appreciate your feedback on the bath tubs, and will be putting a plan together to replace the bath tubs that are in needing repair. We are also in the final stages of scheduling a refurbishment of our lobby and Martini Bar towards the end of the year.
Please contact me directly, next time you are visiting Toronto.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

There is very close Eaton Center.
Room was clean and stylish.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 0nanako
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Pantages Hotel. We avey happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pantages Hotel in the near future

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was travelling to Toronto on business and stayed here for a couple of nights. The hotel is in a great location, right across the street from Eaton Centre and was a 20-30 minute walk to our Toronto office location on the grounds of the University of Toronto. The room was spacious, with a kitchenette, which is great when you want to reheat leftovers or keep things in the fridge. The room was even equipped with a washer/dryer! Bed was comfortable. I found it quite funny that the hotel was so modern, but the room had an old school TV as opposed to a flat screen. It was clean, but the hallway walls and doors were a little beat up and could probably use some maintenance. Free wifi was available in the lobby, but was an additional cost if you wanted it in your room. Would definitely recommend this hotel to any travellers staying in Toronto.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jen1805
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent visit to the Pantages Hotel as this helps us improve our future guest’s experiences. I am happy to report that Pantages is currently replacing all of our Televisions with beautiful LG Flat Screen Televisions, which will be completed in September 2012. We are pleased you found the kitchen facility was equipped and room was designed to your liking. The Pantages Team look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed and reviewed the Pantages before but this review will be for the event we had this past weekend.
My husband and I wanted to host a special 'out of towners' dinner for our sons wedding. We had 55 people for dinner in one of the event rooms on the third floor. The room was next to the kitchen, had easy access to washrooms, and floor to ceiling windows overlooking Massey Hall. I initially was concerned there was another event the same night on the same floor. Even though that event was larger than ours, we never heard or even saw anyone else in the hallways or anywhere else.
From beginning to end, it was a pleasure to work with Yvette, the events coordinator. The menu choices were terrific. We had several special meals due to allergies and diets and every one was catered. Every detail was planned. The serving staff were professional, Yvette was on site for our event as well as the catering manager. I was introduced to the chef before the event. The food was unbelievable. Everyone raved about it. From the seared tuna to the melt in your mouth beef, everything was perfect. Food was served hot. The chef deserves huge praise. I could not have imagined a more perfect evening and I am a pretty tough customer. I would highly recommend the Pantages for planning a special event, it was so easy and the event went off without a single hitch and at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank anmejoshme
Ragnar P, General Manager at Pantages Hotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review of your recent event at the Pantages Hotel. We take pride in providing our guests with excellent service and our staff were thrilled that your event was a success on every level.